Chapter 21: Big Mistake Reed

Hope drove off with Miles and I didn't stop her, I know she needs her space and I'll give it to her

Hope drove off with Miles and I didn't stop her, I know she needs her space and I'll give it to her. She's in the best company, Miles will figure out a way to cheer her up. Hopefully in forgiving me as well.

The person I was most furious with right now was Xavier, I can't believe I backed him up before instead of letting him take all the blame. Before I take my son out I need to deal with that idiot in the kitchen.

I walked inside the kitchen to see a very smug Xavier standing there with his arms crossed, and all I wanted to do right now was rip his head clean off.

"Trouble in paradise I see," He laughed bitterly.

"Shut the fuck up, you would be dead on this fucking ground if it wasn't for me so wipe that smug smile off your face before I break your neck."

As you could tell I was fuming, I barely lose control of my anger but Xavier was doing a good job at bringing that out of me.

"Touchy touchy," He made a clicking notice with his tongue, "You do know Hope is going to lose everything. The Mafia is mine, and once its all mine again she will lose all her respect and little followers. Nobody will give a damn what happens to her. She'll be so much easier for Noah to catch."
I easily wrapped my hand around his throat and pulled him closer, the colour in his face drains away to a pale white.

"I would kill you if Hunter wasn't your son, after all of the despicable things you did to Hope, you should be rotting in the ground somewhere. Hope had respect before she even married you and became the golden triad's leader. After you spiralled out of control she was the one who kept her family together, all the other gangs in line making sure they were doing their jobs and all the enemies in line. Even your best friends, Rhett, Reagen, Dominic and Marco are disgusted at who you have become over the years. Threatening to kill my son and hurting the woman I love is the last straw because next time I'll make sure that bullet puts you down."

I slowly let go of his neck, he instantly starts to breathe quicker. The fear in his eyes didn't go unnoticed and that made me smile. Everyone has always thought of me as the jokester, that doesn't take anything too serious and sometimes that may be true but hurt someone I love and I'll be your worst nightmare.

"Now get the fuck out of this house," I snarled.

"She'll get bored with you."

"Get out of my house now before I throw you out myself, and believe me it won't be pretty."