Chapter 20: Special Friend

I awoke to soft silky black sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds

I awoke to soft silky black sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. The walls were a crisp white making the room so much brighter.

As I moved slightly to see where I was one side of my head throbbed making me clutch it, and that's when I remembered my brother hit me because he was in one of his bad moods.
I know it was an accident, it was my own fault really for getting in the way but I couldn't let him hurt Enzo.

Enzo did nothing wrong.

Although I would love to know how he found me, I've literally seen him a handful of times now. We've spoken and he's shamelessly flirted with me, even in front of the boys.
It's weird for me to actually be attracted to someone because I find all guys my age very immature. All they want is sex, which is probably great but I want more than that.

I want a man to who makes me laugh, who gives me his time instead of sugarcoating his absences with material gifts. Someone who brags about you to others when you aren't around, instead of hiding you like he's ashamed. When he knows the difference between fucking and making love, and does it when the timing is right. A man who can stand in the background and watch you in the spotlight with a smile, without it threatening his masculinity. When he thinks you are at your sexiest when you're in the bathroom, hair looking like a birds nest as you brush your teeth with his shirt on. mostly someone who stands by your side through everything, and accepts the good parts and bad parts of you.

Maybe I've read too many books, but a girl can dream.

My mums love life hasn't been perfect, all I know is my dad hurt her when they were around my age. They eventually made amends and now are the best of friends. I know they deeply care for each other, but they just weren't right together.

Then you have Xavier, and all I can say about him is he is a monster. At first, I liked him, we did get along and he treated my mum like a princess. It was all fake though, there was just something about it that wasn't right. He's hurt my mum in so many ways, and I can't believe how strong she has been through it all. Staying with him for Hunter and Jackson.

Callum is back and that is true love. They never fell out of love with each other, even after being separated for such a long time. I just hope my mum gets her happy ending.
I quickly felt around the bed for my phone but there was nothing, till I heard a buzzing sound. There It was lay on the bedside table with a glass of water and two paracetamol.

"Oh thank god," I pulled myself to the other side and picked up the medication, "I love whoever left this for me."