Part 7

Mark and Amy got me to go shopping with a list of things that took me longer than I originally thought. Mark eats so much more than I thought. Odd diet but it works for him I guess. Once finally managing to get everything in my car my phone rang. Mum was checking up on me again.

"(y/n) lovely how are you?" she sang into the mic. A little too loud for my liking. Rolling the trolley to the bay I turned heading back to the car.

"I'm just as good as yesterday mum. Just finished shopping for Mark and Amy."

"Wonderful that you're helping out. Now I am about to book the flights over to London." I sighed knowing she was going to ask me again about going to London for Christmas.

"Mum you know I want to but can't. I'll have heaps of work to catch up on at the end of the month. Amy invited me to spend Christmas with her family." if they were only going for a day or two I could go but mum and dad would drag me around for a month before I could head home. I can't afford another month off.

"Alright, I'll let you know when we get back so you can visit. Along with Amy!" she hung up. I'll tackle that once it comes around. A ten-minute drive back to Amy's house I heard hammers banging while moving the bags to the kitchen. After putting the fridge items away I peaked outside seeing Mark and Ethan building something for a video. Giggling at Ethan's facial expressions I went to make cookies singing knowing them itd take longer than necessary to finish filming.

"One cup of chocolate chips? Let's make it two." Shouts from outside made me chuckle to myself.

"(y/n) come look!" Ethan shouted from outside as I just put in the cookies. Cleaning my hands I peaked out. The camera was off and I looked at the dog bed on the floor. "I made it all myself." Mark stopped cleaning up giving Ethan a raised eyebrow. "With Marks help."

"I thought Amy mentioned something about a dog house."

"Well, it didn't turn out that way so here it is," Mark said petting chica in the dog mat.

"Well, it looks great Ethan." He grinned high giving me before my watch started beeping. "Le gasp the cookies are ready." going back inside taking the cookies out the cookies I took one splitting it in half to make sure it was cooked through and maybe to cool it down faster.

"Cookies!" Ethan cheered. "No peanuts right?" Shaking my head he took one. "Ouch!" Laughing I watched as the cookie fell to the floor. "Noooo the cookie." Ethan picked it up from the floor taking a mouthful.

"Ethan just wait a few minutes. Don't."

"It's still hot." Laughing watching as he struggled to eat it. Giggling Ethan smiled at me. "Oh, the nail painting."

"Right follow me." going to my room I got out a small box with all the nail polish

"Oooo." putting an old book on my knee for his hand Ethan picked the black holding it up in victory.

"Black like my soul." giggling taking hold of his hand Ethan stopped for a moment biting his lip. Starting to paint his left hand we didn't talk for a moment so I could concentrate. "Although I burnt my tongue that cookie was delicious."

"Thanks, Ethan." I breathed blushing down at his hand biting my lip. Finishing the first hand I glanced up seeing Ethan staring at me until blowing on his hand. "Did you want more that one layer?"

"Hm? Oh only if you want to." Ethan spoke softly as I painted his pointer finger. Tension grew in the air as I painted the next set of nails. "Did you want to go out sometime?" Ethan suddenly asks as I finished painting his thumb.

"Like to a cafe?"

"I mean sure if that's where you want to go." Nodding Ethan grinned looking so happy making me smile at him. "How about tomorrow just after lunch? We're filming a video casket shopping."

"Of course you are. Ok, I think your nails are dry..."

"Ethan we need to edit!" Mark shouted down the hall making Ethan sigh.

"Yeah Mark. I'll see you later (y/n)." Ethan left with a smile on his face and I sat there baffled for a moment. Was this a date? He was so excited about it. It must be. I'll find out tomorrow.

....

We were meeting at Starbucks I arrived and when hopping out of the car a shout of my name was heard.

"(y/n)." Ethan smiled waving me over. "We're here at the same time wow." He gave me a hug making my heart stop. "After we have our coffees I was thinking of getting some ice cream." Licking my lips Ethan opened the door for me and blushing I stepped inside.

"So what about filming caskets made you think ice cream?" Ethan chuckled as we waited in line.

"The coldness of death... And I've been craving ice cream all day." The line moved forward and Ethan's hand went to my lower waist inching us forward. My chest felt tight and a sudden urge to vomit washed over me. Nerves bad ones. Letting out a shaky breath I tried thinking of what to get. "(y/n) do you want to stay here or take away?"

"I uh yes...I mean stay here." Ethan held in a laugh paying for the coffees and taking us to a table.

"You are adorable." He murmured to mostly himself but made sure I heard it.

"How did you know how I like my coffee?" Ethan didn't say anything but smirked tapped the side of his head which only made me giggle.