Part 12

Another month has flown by and something has started to happen. Covid 19. For me, work hasn't changed but some people are out of work. Not to mention fewer apartments were for rent. There was even a place up for grabs but I wasn't able to go in person which Mark was the one who told me not to go.

"I'm never gonna find an apartment," I whined out sluggishly walking through Amy's house.

"Oh, no baby are you ok?" Ethan cane running around the corner and let me hug him. "What's wrong?" I sniffled into his arms hugging Ethan tightly.

"The apartment I was meant to check out the owner wants to do a zoom call." He kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry (y/n) is there anything you want me to do?" after a moment I shook my head kissing him quickly.

"No, you go film. I still have work to do." Ethan kissed me one more time before I left for my bedroom to do more work.
That's when mum called.

"Hey, mum." I breathed threading a hand through my hair still playing around with photoshop.

"Sweety we're back from vacation and quarantined for two weeks for me to meet this boyfriend of yours." Biting my lip I glanced to the door for a moment thinking Ethan would automatically know when we were talking about him.

"I guess I can talk to Ethan but I don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks." Mum frowned over the phone, I knew she would. When it came to dating she always made sure to know the person I was dating.

"Alright but I honestly think this will all blow over." Rolling my eyes at the phone knowing she was just saying that not to stress me out.

"Sure whatever you say mum but it's only just started," she said goodbye so I could keep working, there were a few shouts from the other room. I remember Amy mentioning a sauna bit obviously it wasn't a normal sauna from the shouts but I ignored it when putting in my headphones.
Another hour went past before I decided to go out for some Starbucks. Getting a muffin and hot chocolate I stood in the corner away from other people.

"(y/n)?" My eyes went wide looking up from my phone.

"Steve?" There stood my ex who was mention to be in another country doing important shit but he's here at Starbucks. "What the hell are you doing here?" Steve went to get closer but stopped himself.

"When Corona started my workplace started online. So I decided to come back here. Family and all that." Nodding my head my drink was called. Walking over and thanking the lady I saw Steve waiting to talk once again. "So how have you been?" Biting my lip adjusting my coffee and the two muffins I got.

"Oh, I've been great. Been living with Amy after a... Well, it's a long story."

"I've got the time." I thought for a moment before shrugging my shoulders. A quick chat is fine. But a quick chat took longer than I thought.

"I can't believe you can't find a place still..." My phone rang, it was Ethan. Going wide-eyed realising I was out for an hour.

"Sorry I just need to answer this." Quickly answering I stood with my now empty Starbucks cup and tossed it in the bin.

"(y/n) are you ok? Was Starbucks closed?" giggling at how cute he sounded I sighed seeing Steve on his phone.

"No, it's open. I ran into Steve and when mentioning the accident we got talking. I'll come back, ice got you a muffin." Singing this out he gasped.

"Yay a muffin."

"Ok, I'll see you in ten."

"Bye love you!" I heard him cover his mouth with a short gasp. A blush rose to my cheeks. We've been dating for almost five months, did he really love me so much to say it.

"Love you too Eth." I breathed out before hanging up. Steve immediately got off his phone when I came back over. "Sorry but I really need to go. The owner of this second muffin is dying for a muffin." He chuckled standing up walking with me to the door.

"Look (y/n) I know it's a little awkward seeing each other again after how we left things but did you want to go out sometime?" I rubbed my upper arm.

"Steve I'm seeing someone." He looked so hurt for a moment before nodding his head.

"Yeah no that's cool. I'm happy for you. He or she can totally come if you feel more comfortable." I wasn't sure and he was really pushing it. "How about I shoot you a message. Cya (y/n)." Letting out a shaky breath I drove back knowing I had to talk to Ethan about Steve. Parking the car out front I went inside tossing my keys into the bowl at the front door. Although it was quiet I knew they were filming something earlier. Before going to find Ethan I went to my room to put down my wallet and phone but when I opened the door Ethan was there and captured my lips with his. Moaning softly I wrapped both arms around his shoulders.

"God I love you." He groaned against my lips making me smile. Ethan brought a hand up shitting the door behind me.

"I love you too." I moaned putting down both my wallet and the muffin. Ethan tugged me towards the bed.

"We gotta be quick." He said between kisses but I pushed at his chest.

"I need to tell you something first." I panted as he kissed along my neck.

"What is it?" A shiver ran down my spine as I tried to talk.

"It's about Steve he's my ex." Ethan stopped the kisses on my neck. "I just thought I should let you know." Ethan looked me in the eyes and smiled kissing me shortly after.

"Thank you for telling me. Now come over here." Letting out a laugh as Ethan tugged me over to the bed I fell down on top of him reconnecting our lips.