Chapter 13

*next day*

So today is the day I actually have to talk to Nash. Let me tell you, I'm so not looking forward to this. Who knows what might happen, I'm seriously considering bringing a knife or something with me.

I was currently in the kitchen eating some cereal and getting prepared to go over to the devils house. Mom wasn't here, she had to go to a meeting and like all mothers do, she had to go through the whole 'if something happens call me' lecture before she left.

Once I was done, I put my bowl in the sink and grabbed my science books from the table. I put my phone in my back pocket and grabbed my keys. I left a note for Josh on the fridge saying where I was and where mom was because he was still sleeping.

I opened the front door and closed it behind me and locked it. This is it. Better get it over and done with. It wasn't that cold out, perfect weather for a walk... Too bad I'm busy.

I made it to Nash's house. My heart was racing really fast and I was afraid of it exploding. Just then, Elizabeth opened the door.

"Emma! How are you?" She said as she hugged me.

"I'm good thank you and you?" I asked as I hugged her back.

"I'm fine thanks. So your here for the science homework?" She asked.

"Yeah I am." I smiled at her.

"Okay, well Nash is upstairs in his room and if you need any help, don't be afraid to call me." She said as she closed the door.

"Thank you." I smiled at her again.

I made my way up the stairs. It looks the same as it did 4 years ago. I heard a dull sound of music coming from one of the rooms. It was Nash's room, his door was open a little. I knocked on his door letting him know someone was there.

"Come in." Nash said.

"Uh, hi." I said as I came into the room.

"Hi Emma... So are we ready to work our butts off?" He said with a smile.

"Uh, I guess so..." I said as I joined Nash on the floor where he was sitting.

"Okay, so shall we start with the melting of the polar ice caps?" I asked him as he took his books out from his backpack.

"Sure, sounds good."

I started writing down lots of notes we could use in the report. Nobody spoke but it wasn't uncomfortable. Everything was fine until Nash spoke.

"Did it hurt?" He asked.

"Did what hurt?" I asked back a bit confused.

"When James hurt you."

"Oh... Yeah... It did." I looked at him, his eyes were full of sympathy, something I haven't seen in a long time.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "I should've stopped him.." He said so low I could hardly hear him.

"It doesn't matter anymore Nash." I said as I went back to my notes.

"Yes it does Emma, I have been a horrible person to you and it only took me these past couple of days to realize that." Nash said. Does he mean it?

"You don't need to shout, Nash." I said to him. He voice was getting pretty loud and I didn't want Elizabeth getting the wrong idea.

".... I'm sorry Emma..." Nash said. Wait, did he just apologize to me?

"Can I just ask you something?" I asked. Nash nodded.

"Why did you just all of a sudden start bullying me? What did I do to you that made you hate me so much?" Tears were threatening to pour out but I didn't allow it.

He sighed, as if he was about to tell me a long story. "Because I was jealous Emma, you were smart, everyone liked you, even my own mom preferred you to me. I guess I wanted what you had, so I got annoyed with your success and..." Nash put his head down.

"And bullied me..." I finished his sentence.

"That was the biggest mistake I have ever made... I'm sorry." He had tears coming down his cheeks and so did I.

"Nash you don't know how much you hurt me over the years, you and your 'friends'."

"I know, and I don't how I can make it up to, but I know nothing will... Because I broke you too much." He put his head in his hands.

"Yeah, you did break me, almost literally with all the physical abuse you gave me..." I know I sound a bit harsh but he's lucky I didn't hit him.

"I know, I am such an idiot." He said with his head still in his hands.

"Yes you are."

"Can we maybe start over? I really want to be friends again..." Nash said, tears in his eyes.

"Why? So you can ditch me again? Don't think so." He is going to have to try harder for me to be his friend again. I can't just start over like it was nothing.

Nash didn't say anything. I probably hurt his feelings... If he even had any.

"Look Nash, we can just work on the report another day, I'm not feeling too good, sorry." I gathered my things.

"But.... I understand." Nash kept his head down.

"Bye..." I whispered as I walked out of his room. That was highly unexpected.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So this was an emotional chapter. Finally, they sorted out their differences! But will it work?