Chapter 3

This was it, the day everything changes. I have to admit, I'm terrified. What will people think of me? Am I making the right decision? Will I gain anything out of this? Well, whatever, what else have I got to lose. I was sitting in the kitchen eating a pancake when my mom walked in,

"Good morning! Sleep well?" I didn't hear anything she said because everything was going through my mind so I just nodded and smiled. "You okay? You seem... Nervous." My mom said as she came over to me.

"I'm fine mom, just a little sick I guess..." I want to tell my mom about everything so badly.

"Well okay, you can stay off school today if you want." My mom said hugging me.

"No it okay, I'll survive." I said with a slight chuckle. Taking the day off school was too tempting but I had to do this today.

"Can I take the day off?" My brother said as he walked in to the kitchen.

"Very funny Josh, go get ready." Mom said with her hands on her hips.

"What?! That's favouritism!" Josh said pretending to be hurt.

"Would you stop being a drama queen and get ready! I am not driving you to school late again today! I have a meeting to get to!" Mom said with a more annoyed tone in her voice, obviously not amused with my brothers tone. Josh then went up the stairs.

"See you guys later!" I yelled as I went out the door.

~School~

The closer I got to the school entrance, the more my heart raced. There's no going back now. As I walked into the familiar building, everything was normal so far... Good. I was approaching my locker when I seen familiar figures standing directly in front of my locker. Yup, it was Nash and his gang. This is it, just be calm.

"Hey, look who it is." Nash said as he seen me. I stopped in front of him and looked up into his big blue eyes.

"Move." I said making it sound like I was annoyed. He looked a little shocked, I don't blame him because I was as well, but I liked it.

"Oh, and are you gonna make me?" Nash said with that annoying, evil smirk on his face and leaning on my locker door with his hand. He was mentally challenging me by trying to scare me but no, that's not gonna happen today.

I sighed and shoved him away as hard as I could. He stumbled and the look on his friends faces was priceless. I got my books I needed for the lesson and turned to look at Nash with the same smirk he had before.

"To answer you're question, yes I did make you." I said as I shut my locker. Nash glared at me, trying to think of what to say back but before he could, I turned around and walked to my class.

~1 hour later~

It was my third lesson and it was science. I hated science because not only was it boring but I also had to share the same breathing space as Nash. Yup, he sits beside me. I just love my life (did you see the sarcasm?). I walked in the class and took my seat. Nash wasn't here yet so I had time to prepare myself for the worst hour of the day. Everyone started to come in the class and take their seats but Nash wasn't here yet, probably late as always.

"Okay class, today we are going to start a new topic!" Mr Bradley announced as people in the class groaned. Just as Mr Bradley was about to speak, Nash entered the class.

"Mr Grier, late again?" Mr Bradley said annoyed.

"Uh... Yeah?" Nash said obviously not giving a shit.

"Just take a seat, Grier." Mr Bradley sighed and continued with the lesson. Nash just stared at me as he made his way to the seat next to me. It sent a chill down my spine. He sat beside me and sighed.

"Okay class, please do questions 1,2 and 3 in the text book. What you don't finish will be done for homework." Mr Bradley said as he sat down at his desk.

"What was your problem this morning?" Nash whispered to me softly as if he cared. Oh, so now he's being nice to me? I have had enough of his mind games and if its good enough for him then its good enough for me.

"I don't know Nash, you tell me." If he is going to play games then I will too.

"What the hell is the matter with you, you've... Changed." Nash said still whispering. Nice to know he notices.

"I'm not the only one who has changed, isn't that right Nash?" He was quiet, he knows what I'm talking about. Me and Nash used to be very close when we were young. He was in every memory I have of my childhood. We used to do everything together. But that all changed when we went to high school. He found new friends and ditched me and left me alone and vulnerable. Then the bullying started...

The bell rang signalising the end of class. I was about to get up from my seat when Nash grabbed my arm.

"We'll talk about this at lunch." He whispered in my ear. This was the first time I have been physically close to Nash since the bullying and it made me shiver.

I didn't say anything, instead I just yanked my arm away from his grip and walked away. I wonder what he has to say at lunch? ...

----------------------------------------------------

Hellloooooo! How do u like this chapter? Its a bit longer than the other ones. I'm gonna try and update more for you guys because I have more time now. Love ya!