Chapter 15

We finally arrived home and mom carefully helped me to the sofa to check if I had any wounds, again.

"Its okay, you just have a couple of new bruises on top of the old ones you already had." She said examining my stomach.

"Oh thats good I guess."

Mom walked into the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack for the pain. I don't know what I'd do without my mom.

"Sweetie, I have to go to a meeting with a patient in about an hour, will you be okay on your own for a couple of hours?" Mom said.

"Yeah that's fine Mom, do what you gotta do." I smiled at her. To be honest, I was kinda glad I'll be alone for a while, it saves all the questions.

"Okay, now I want you to have your phone close by you and on at all times while I'm away, if you need anything just call me, I will be calling you to make sure you are okay. Got that?" She said with a serious tone.

"So if I need to use the bathroom but have no way of getting upstairs, I can call you?" I said trying to be serious but wasn't working. I just laughed. Mom was giving me a funny look.

"Don't be a smartass, honey." She said
"I know, don't worry about me mom."

"Okay." She started to get her her things that she needed to bring with her. She kissed my forehead and she was away.

I turned on the TV and started watching re-runs of Friends. I watched about 3 episodes and then fell into a deep sleep.

***

I was suddenly woken up by the doorbell ringing, in the same position as I was when I fell asleep. I checked the time and it was 3:34pm, it must be Nash at the door. I got up slowly, still holding my stomach and opened the door.

"Hey." He said softly when he seen me practically bent over like an old woman.

"Hey, come in." I said. I was closing the door when Nash help it for me.

"Its okay, I'll close the door, you go and sit down." He said. I didn't bother arguing with him and just nodded.

I sat down where I was sitting on the sofa and Nash sat beside me.

"So, how are you feeling now?" He said looking at my stomach.

"Still a little painful but I'm getting used to it." I said. That must have hurt him because he looked guilty, I didn't realize my choice of words.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, through everything. I'm such a horrible person and I don't even know why you're talking to me right now." Nash said looking down at his hands.

"Nash you helped me today, I may not trust you completely but I have manners. So thank you." I said as I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Emma, can I ask you a question?" He said looking into my eyes.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Are we still friends?" He asked, his eyes were filled with hope. I'm not sure if I can trust him yet, I mean he did practically beat up his friend. I don't know.

"I don't know Nash, you hurt me, a lot and you made me feel worthless. Whenever you ditched me to be with James, it just tore my heart into a million pieces. It made me think that you never wanted to be my friend in the first place." I was trying to be strong and not let any tears escape but I was failing miserably.

"Please, I would do anything, I want you in my life like it was before. I want to be able to laugh with you and be the crazy people we are. I want my Emma back." Nash said with a few tears coming down his cheeks.

"You should have thought about that before you bullied me Nash. I guess trusting you again is a big issue for me."

Nash didn't say anything, he just continued to look down.

"Then I'll wait, I'll show you how you can trust me again, I'll make sure we have our friendship back." He said.

"Well... I hope so." I said and smiled a little.

"But there is one thing I want right now." Nash said turning his whole body to face me.

"What?" I asked a little confused.

"Can I hug you?" He said with his arms open.

I just giggled a little and nodded as he engulfed me in a huge hug. I felt good to be in Nash's arms again, it reminded me of when we were friends. I really want to be friends with him again, I just hope he can earn my trust.

------------------------------------------------------

Hola amigos!! So what do you think about that chapter, huh? Lots of tears but hey makes it less boring... Kinda. Love ya!