Chapter 14

I woke up tired. I couldn't stop thinking about what Nash said to me yesterday. Did he really mean it? Or was he just trying to trick me? My brain is about to explode and the worst part is that its Monday, which means school, which also means torture. I'm not sure if I can stand this any longer, this whole 'being different' thing doesn't seem to be working.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my mom coming into my room.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling today?" She asked as she sat on my bed.

"I'm okay, I just don't want to go to school." I said with my arms covering my face.

"I know Emma, but I can't let you off school, your education is important." She said with a serious tone.

"I know that..."

"Well, you should get up, you will be late." She kissed my forehead and left the room.  I hate the way she treats me like one of her patients. My mom is a counselor you see and she just loves lecturing me and my brother about the do's and don't's of life. She thinks it will help us in the future, maybe it will but right now its just words to me.

After I mentally pushed myself to get out of bed, I began to get ready. I wonder if Nash is going to be different today, that will definitely tell me if he really meant what he said yesterday. But even if he did mean it, its gonna take a long time for me to trust him again.

I got dressed into light denim ripped and skinny jeans with a plain grey tank top and a blue and grey flannel. I put on a little mascara and lip balm and left my hair in its natural wavy state.

*at school*

I arrived at the depressing place and looked around to see if there was any sign of Nash and his crew. I really did not want to see them. I power walked to my locker and got my books I needed for first period.

It was all good so far until I heard someone behind me.

"So you're still here, huh?" They said.

It was James. Of course.

"Yeah, sorry to dissapoint you." I said with my back still turned to him.

"Look, why don't you just kill yourself? Its not like we'll miss you or anything." James said. That was the first time someone has told me to kill myself and its not pleasant hearing those words.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I think I'm gonna stick around and actually work on my future because I have one, unlike you." I smiled at him. Everyone was looking at us by this point.

"What did you just say?" James said getting closer to me.

"Oh, so your deaf as well?" I said back. Okay, I'm liking this sudden confidence boost.

"That's it, you're dead bitch!" James said. James then pushed me against the lockers hard so that I fell to the floor, he then started kicking me and punching me until that pain came back in my stomach where he kicked me before. There was no stopping him this time. Where are the teachers when you need them?

The kicking and punching suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes to figure out why but I ended up seeing something I never thought I'd see. Nash had pulled James off me and started punching him. Pretty soon there was a huge fight in the middle of the corridor.

"Stop it! All of you!" The principle said as he entered the circle formed by the pupils who were watching.

"Who is involved in this?" He said. Me, Nash and James raised our hands. Nash had a bloody hand and James had a bloody nose while I was still on the floor holding my stomach in pain.

"All three of you to my office, now!" The principle said. I tried to get up but failed. Nash seen me and helped me up. I smiled at him saying thank you.

The three of us sat down outside the principles office. Nash was in the middle while James and I were on opposite sides of him, none of us said a word while we waited for one of us to be called in.

"Emma, can you come in please." Mary, the principle's secretary said to me. I nodded my head and entered his office.

"Now Emma, can you please explain to me how this all started?" He asked.

"Well, James has been bullying me for a while now and when I walked in this morning to go to my locker, James came up to me and basically asked why I didn't kill myself over the weekend so I said no to him and he started beating me up but then Nash came and pulled James off of me." I only explained what James did today not the other times. I just hate it when teachers get involved in my business.

"Okay that is all, you have permission to go home now if you want and get some rest. Can you please send in Nash when you go." The principle said. I nodded and made my way to the door. That wasn't so bad.

"Nash, he wants to see you now." I said in a low voice because of the pain.

"Oh, okay." He got up out of his seat and came over to me.

"Are you okay?" He whispered so that James wouldn't hear.

"Um... Kinda." I replied as a continued to hold my stomach.

"Go home, I'll come to your house after school to check on you. Okay?" He said. I'm starting to like this new Nash but I'm not gonna get attached to much.

"Okay." I said and smiled at him.

Nash then went into the principles office and closed the door and I walked slowly to the reception to sign myself out and to call my mom to collect me. There was no way I was going to walk in pain.

My mom came through the entrance of the school about 10 minutes later and looked like she was about to cry, here we go.

"Sweetie, are you alright?" She said holding me in her arms.

"Mom, not in public." I said with a slight giggle. "But yes I'm okay."

"Okay, come on, we'll get you home and check the damage." She said with a sympathetic smile.

Mom helped me out of my seat and we walked to the car. This was an eventful morning.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Long time no see, huh? Here's another chapter for you. Comment what you think of the book so far, I would like to hear your feedback! Love ya!