pt.10

she quickly went up to her room to take the present but felt a cold chill from behind and when she turned around , her eyes met with a scary , cold pair of eyes . the man was dressed in all black and it all felt like a deja vu to her except that something flowed through her mind continuously . scenes of her and prince Min Hyung was playing and they seemed happy but the same pair of eyes came into the scene and held a sword . at this point of time , her train of thoughts were broken and she screamed loudly as the same sword was held up .

it was inches away from the princess but someone managed to kick the suspicious man away . she couldn't take a peek at who it was as her vision started to get blurry , coloured dots took over and eventually gave out and she lay down on the concrete helplessly .

it was not after a few hours after as she slowly woke up , feeling her hand being warm . she opened her eyes to see faces looking down on her as she gasped in shock and covered her face . " hey hey hey , don't worry . it's us ." a familiar soft voice spoke as she took her hand away and looked at the one who spoke . tears were suddenly flowing down as she hugged prince Min Hyung , relieved after knowing he was there .

" ah , i'm so sorry , your highness . i had a present for-" her sentence stopped as he held his present up with a big smile on his face . " i like it , thank you ." she sighed in relief and looked around to see the suspicious man gone . " where did he...?"

" he's being locked up in the dungeons now . you should take a rest . don't worry , i'll be here ." she nodded and was about to close her eyes as the kids barged in . Ms Hwang wasn't in time to stop them so she apologised to the princess quickly . " it's okay , Ms Hwang ." she reassured her and Ms Hwang said sorry again before letting the kids take over .

" are you okay , princess ?" she nodded and patted the back of the child who had asked her the question . " now now , we should let the princess rest okay ? how about my brothers play with you for the remaining time left until the ceremony ends ?" their heads turned to their older brother , showing an irritated expression before changing it when the kids agreed . he whispered for them to quickly go and now the room were all to the both of them .

" thank you , Min Hyung . i can never know how to repay you and your brothers for this ."

" well , Chen Le is having his birthday next in 10 days and it'd be amazing for you to attend it ."

" of course i have to ! i'll be there ."

" alright now , rest ." she nodded and slept as he still held her ice cold hands .

it was early in the morning as the princess woke up all alone in her room . ' he must've left....' she thought to herself as she got out and looked around . she bumped into Ivy and Min Jung as they were helping out to clean the ballroom . " did he leave ?" she whispered and they shook their heads , pointing to the direction they came from .

she picked up her pace and scanned around , finally finding him folding and stacking table clothes . she gave him a scare and it did make him jolt up . " did you sleep well ?" she nodded and asked him the same , followed by " where did you sleep last night ?"

" the staff showed me to one of the guest rooms after you fell asleep ." she nodded and started helping him out . " Hae Won ? we have cake from your ceremony last night . do you want us to throw it out ? we froze it right after the ceremony ended yesterday ." she quickly shook her head . " i'll have it for breakfast !" Ivy was flustered and advised her , " i think you should eat a proper breakfast ."

" that's what i'm going to do . i'll have the cake as my dessert ." it scared her for a moment , thinking that the princess would eat only the cake for breakfast . Ivy left and the two quickly get back to work . it was silent until she decided to talk about the year-end ball .

" it's such a hassle to visit other kingdoms once you're a royal . are you attending the year-end ball ?"

" of course , we're the ones hosting it after all ." she had no idea that they were . the year-end ball was for royals to gather and have business talks . she had to get used to one now that she was representing the kingdom . when they were done , she alerted Ivy and Min Jung that she was going to the dungeons to investigate on the suspicious man .