Captain Carter

Spoilers for Avengers Infinity War & Endgame lie ahead!

Carter's POV

            Carter found himself in a large, dimly lit room with no windows, but many doors. It seemed to be "the Room with 1000 stories" that Hank had described. He found it thrilling to think that behind every green and black door there was a different universe. Yet, it was haunting to know that there was no way out of the massive hall that held so many secrets and so many unknowns.

            He followed in the wake of Doctor Strange who led him to an emerald green door across from him. He then took notice of Avery, who had followed behind him. She looked rather angry as she tied her wispy blonde hair into a ponytail at the nape of her neck.

"The hell?" Carter said, "Why'd you follow me?"

"Because you're an idiot," she replied, thrusting a MONICA in his hand, "and you're going to need help." She then strutted past him and through the door Doctor Strange was opening. Carter scoffed. He would much rather had Lena accompany him to the Marvel Universe than Miss Know-it-all. He followed her through the door.

On the other side was a sight that immediately lifted Carter's spirits and he took it all in with great wonder. They were on a planet, Titan, as he recalled from the film Infinity War. The atmosphere had a burnt orange and brown palette. Rocks and debris seemed to float above their heads in some places, yet remained stationary on the ground in others. The remains of a city long forgotten lay in ruins. The nearest destruction to them looked to be a giant, silver loop, split in half. But while Carter could've spent a great deal of time taking in the planet, he was much more concerned with the heroes. These were his heroes, who had gotten him through many tough times in his life.

THE PLANET TITAN

Tony Stark stood facing them. He wore his red and gold plated Iron Man suit with the mask off. The reactor on his breast plate glowed a bright blue. He was speaking to Peter Quill, a Guardian of the Galaxy and Gamora's love interest. He was as they put it in the film "one sandwich away from being fat" but only a fool would doubt his good looks. With blonde hair, a light stubble beard, and green eyes, Quill was definitely leading man material. Also part of the Guardians was Mantis, a skinny female with empathic powers and short, silky black hair, and Drax, a large male with the body-type of a wrestler. And lastly, standing apart from the Guardians and Tony there was Peter Parker, a slim yet muscular teenage boy otherwise known as Spider-Man.

 And lastly, standing apart from the Guardians and Tony there was Peter Parker, a slim yet muscular teenage boy otherwise known as Spider-Man

"Avery," said Peter, a smile forming on his face. Carter turned back to Avery and it occurred to him that she had previously met some of the Avengers before.

"What did you do to the ship?" she asked, gawking at the destroyed silver loop.

"Strange, I see you brought back more kids." Tony said, "Did one of them hire you for their birthday party?"