Goddess in the Details

Lena's POV

            She was strikingly beautiful as she stepped out of the shadows. Her emerald eyes were deeper than Lena's and her figure was far more slender. Her hair was chopped short and she wore a velvety, wine-red dress that covered her from her neck to her toes. A smirk spread across her face and she drew nearer to Lena, circling her like a hawk.

"Cersei?" Lena choked, having recognized her from the television show. Currently, Cersei, Jamie's sister, was Queen of Westeros and by all accounts should not be in Winterfell at this moment in time.

"Try again." Cersei sizzled.

Lena locked eyes with Cersei- or whoever this woman was

Lena locked eyes with Cersei- or whoever this woman was. "Ca-Calliope?" Lena guessed.

"Ah, the circle gets the square." Calliope confirmed and Lena recalled how Hank said that the goddess could shapeshift, "How fascinating to finally be able to reveal myself to you, Lena. Well, in this form anyway." Calliope had not stopped moving, still walking around Lena, who matched her footsteps.

"You see, I've been particularly interested in you." Calliope smiled cooly.

"Why me?" asked Lena. Calliope stopped, now between Lena and the exit.

"I think we both know why." She sighed, "You're the weakest link. Oh, but it's true. Think about it. Avery is a strong leader; intelligent. Your brother is certainly brave even if it's because he's too stupid to understand the consequences. And Carter...well he's certainly resilient. But you...what's your strongest asset? Your looks?"

It had been far too long a night for Lena to continue being a frightened young girl. After killer zombies, Calliope seemed like a cakewalk. "I'm smart." Lena replied confidently, "I'm kind. I...." but she seemed at a loss for words on the third thing.

"See, that right there is what makes you so vulnerable compared to everyone else." Calliope said in a matter-a-fact tone, "You don't know who you are. That's why you're so desperate to prove yourself and to break out of your prison where everyone expects you to be perfect. You want to find yourself." Calliope's words were strangely specific and no doubt on point.

"You don't know me," Lena said defensively. Calliope merely chuckled at this before walking over to one of the stone statues that lined the crypt. This one was of a woman with a long face and long hair. In her hand, someone had placed a white bird's feather with speckled, grey spots. Calliope then turned around to face Lena and out of thin air seemed to have obtained a bottle of wine and two wine glasses. She set the glasses down upon another statue and began to pour.

"Drink?" she asked, passing the full wine glass to Lena. Lena did not accept but merely stared at the blood-red substance. It smelt like alcohol, but it wasn't as eye-burning as Dean's whisky. Lena backed away.

"Of course; you think it's poison. It's not." Calliope rolled her eyes.

"You first," Lena said suspiciously.