30. Aditya And Zoya ~ ADIYA

Zoya smiled as her eyes met her mother's through the mirror and Roshna bent to put a dot of kohl near her nape.

"Mashaallah!", Roshna kissed her forehead and grinned, "My daughter is making the prettiest bride ever".

Zoya's cheeks flushed at the compliment, but she couldn't deny the glow herself

Zoya's cheeks flushed at the compliment, but she couldn't deny the glow herself. Her eyes were lit up like Diwali and her entire demeanor was ecstatic to say the least. She didn't remember, or say couldn't remember the last time she was this happy. The thought immediately scared her too, happiness hadn't been plenty in her life and now that she was beginning a new journey, she hoped for a joyful life of togetherness with Aditya.

"Baarat is here!", someone screamed and Roshna followed by the ladies rushed downstairs to welcome the groom. Zoya got up from her vanity and walked to her window, trying to have a fleeting glance of Aditya, but Noor pulled her back just in nick of the time, a teasing glimpse brightening her eyes.

"Aww Appi, you can't seem to wait, can you?", Noor giggled watching Zoya's cheeks flush, "Intehaan ho gyi Intezaar ki", she then broke into a full bollywood dramatic song, making Zoya's ears go red with embarrassment.

"Let your turn come you devil", Zoya pouted at her sister who flushed immediately but still chortled with bubbling laughter at her sister's crimson glow. Zoya turned her face to the other side, trying to hide her smile.

It dawned upon her that this was what she longed for when she was getting married to Yash years ago. This didn't mean she regretted marrying him - No she absolutely didn't - she had loved him immensely at that point and she was happy with whatever way they could get together - but today, this was different. Her Ammi dolling her up, her Kohinoor teasing the life out of her, her Abbu smiling at her and Aditya waiting for her - this was her dream come true. Zoya just couldn't stop grinning.

Pretty soon, Roshna and other ladies came up to her and escorted her down. Zoya could feel her heart beating so fast as she walked down the stairs, but the smile on her face wouldn't go down a second, nor would the blush. She was made to sit on the opposite side of the semi translucent curtain, as their Maulwi sahab stood near her. She slightly raised her eyes and saw the man sitting on the opposite side in a beige white kurta and a red stole, color coordinating with her outfit. A full veil of flowers were hiding his face, and the heavy worked golden veil was hiding hers - they weren't supposed to see each other until the Nikaah.

But somehow just the feeling of sitting opposite him, about to be his bride, all of Zoya's palpitations and nervousness flew out of the window. She could feel the calmness inside her just at the sight of Aditya's figure, and the way he had stopped nervously moving his leg since she sat down, she knew he felt the same.

The rituals began soon after, as the Maulawi read through the documents and her Mehr before finally asking Aditya the Question.

"Aditya Hooda, Pita Harshvardhan Hooda, aapka Nikaah, Zoya Siddaqui, Pita Waseem Sidaaqui, ke sath tay kiya gaya hai. Kya aapko ye Nikaah Qubool hai?"