27. Before The Wedding

Zoya froze on her steps as Noor turned on to the other side, still deep in sleep. Biting her lip, she somehow managed to cover the pillows with the comforter so that it could give an illusion of her being asleep, just in case. Picking up her cell phone from the side table, she tip toed out of her bedroom, down through the stairs and right out of her house before taking a minute and sighing.

The clock on her phone read four in the morning.

"Aditya is going to get me killed one day!", she murmured, before running out either way, only to break into one of her widest grin at the sight awaiting her.

Aditya stood leaning on his car, his arms crossed on his chest, looking her way already. He still was in his uniform, but the blazer was lying carelessly on the back seat, Zoya noticed, and he had loosened his tie, opening the color button. Spotting her, he grinned back, opening his arms and Zoya ran straight into his waiting arms, looping hers around his waist.

"I missed you", she mumbled, resting her cheek against his chest and tilting her head up so that she could look at him.

"I missed you too, Urdu Queen!", Aditya teased, but kissed the crown of her head anyway.

They stood motionless and yet comfortable in each other's arms for a while before Aditya broke the hug and opened the passenger side of the car, gesturing Zoya to get in. She did, but continued to frown at him.

"Where are we going, so early in the morning, that too today? If Ammi gets to know, she will lock me in my room until the wedding!", Zoya exclaimed, throwing her hands up, but it only made Aditya chuckle.

"Firstly stop pretending like you aren't overjoyed to see me after a week of my abroad flights, and that too right before our wedding rituals are to commence", Aditya smirked, and if flustered Zoya for she immediately lowered her eyes, fighting the grin off her face, "and secondly I know the rituals began today, and Ammi had asked us to not meet, but this is important. So just, hold on", he completed his rant and laughed at the annoyed expression on Zoya's face which changed to delightment once she realised where they were.

It was the same Dargah where she and Aditya had crossed path long before, when they weren't even friends.

Zoya, happily surprised at the sudden visit, smiled at Aditya, raising her eyes in question, asking the reason for the same, but Aditya spoke nothing just yet

Zoya, happily surprised at the sudden visit, smiled at Aditya, raising her eyes in question, asking the reason for the same, but Aditya spoke nothing just yet. He waited for Zoya to cover her head, before he held her hand and they walked inside. Together, they performed the needed rituals, with Zoya instructing him every step and Aditya trying to copy her perfectly. When they were done, they walked to the same spot where they had tied the mannat ka dhaga months ago.

Wordlessly, they tied another one, together, and closed their eyes to pray for the same thing individually - love and togetherness, following which Aditya paused and continued to look at Zoya, a smile on his face while she continued to read her Dua, oblivious to his stare. When she finally opened her eyes, she grinned watching him smile. She could never get tired of watching him smile, especially when he it lit up his eyes like this.