18. His Reason To Live

Day 15, afternoon. Aditya's apartment.

"Tujhe lagta h tu ek perfect husband tha?
(you thought you were a perfect husband?)

Tu pati bana hi kab tha?
(When did you even act like a husband?)

Tum dono k rishte me, har ek responsibility, her ek zimmedari sirf meri beti ne uthayi hai!
(In the relationship between both of you, every responsibility had been solely my daughter's)

Us din bhi wo akele gyi thi, abortion karwane.
(Even that day she went alone, for an abortion) "

Aditya woke up screaming from the nightmare, turning his head right and left to find any resemblance of what had been happening inside his mind. There was none. Two minutes later, Zoya who had been cooking came running in, only to find a completely lost Aditya, drenched in his sweat and tears.

"Aditya?", she gulped down her own tears to walk upto him and cradle his face. Aditya wasn't looking at her yet, his mind was still in the clutches of those words that spread like venom, running in his veins, paralysing him with their effect.

"Aditya?", Zoya's teary eyed voice broke his trance and he turned his head to look at his lady love, who was crying, her eyes full of worry and concern, her golden brown locks falling all over the place as she ran her left hand through his messy hairs and used her right hand to firmly cup his cheek.

Sighing, he let his forehead drop on hers, their tears intermingling, like their hearts.

"Zoya!", his voice was raspy, over the edge but the way he called her name, made her heart beat faster even when crying

"Tum nhi hoti toh mera kya hota Zoya?", Aditya sniffed, closing his eyes, basking in her lemon glass scent and Zoya ended up hugging him close, her arms running up and down his back to calm him down, hold his pieces that were hanging down just by the thread of her love.
(What would happen to me without you, Zoya?)

" It would never happen Aditya that I won't be with you, kyunki iss baar hamare alag hone se phle hamari jaan chali jayegi Aditya. Hamari har dhadkan pe sirf aapka naam likha hai", Zoya's warm voice dripped with assurance, her teary eyes spoke of only love that she felt for this man and the emotions in her eyes, in her voice made Aditya hold onto hope. He knew that if he fell down this time, more than him it will break Zoya and he had to fight, for both of them.
(Because this time if we separate, I will breathe my last. Every heart beat of mine has only your name)

Gulping down the lump in his throat, he raised his chin and kissed her forhead, letting all his affection and love flow through it. Zoya immediately closed her eyes, and let the feelings sink in. What would she not give to have this man she loved to death be happy?

 What would she not give to have this man she loved to death be happy?