24. Life As We Know It

Flashback - Continued

"He was taking deep breaths to calm himself down when the doorbell rang, and Aditya leaped out thinking it was Zoya. Only, it wasn't. It was her dear father!

Aditya didn't know how to react to Waseen at that point, their last encounter was him asking Zoya to choose Arshad over him, and even before that, there had been a whole series of insults he had thrown his way. Yet, he was Zoya's father, and nobody more than him understood a father's role in a child's life, so he greeted Wasim, forcing a smile on his face.

Waseem didn't smile back, rather crossed his arms across his chest and glared at him.

"So Janab, How much more do you want to ruin my daughter?", Waseem's strict voice and Aditya's already vulnerable state didn't go hand in hand, and Aditya looked down, fisting his hand, his mother's letter in his hand now crumbled.

"Putting her through the accusations of murdering her husband wasn't enough? Now you want to bind herself with you? What's better in you than that Yash? Do you even realise how selfish you have been with Zoya and that stupid girl, she has always been bad with emotions. She didn't realize that her so called 'love' for Yash wasn't love, and she is doing the same with you. She is channeling her sympathy and her kindness and she thinks it's love. And you are fueling her feelings, instead of letting her be happy. Arshad was so much better for her, than you and your dysfunctional family!", Waseem's yelling made Aditya's heart thump loud anyway, but the blow on his family made him look up into his eyes that were spitting fire at him.

"Don't look at me like that. I am not innocent like my daughter. I know everything about the Hoodas, about your cheating father, about your mother's anxiety, and about that illegitimate son of your father, Rajveer. Because of his animosity with the Hoodas, he put my Zoya through so much pain and dishonour. And you, living here, away from your family, without any job, no financial security, how will you keep her happy? Like Yash promised, through all your dramatic 'Love'? Will you also come to me for a loan and then end up cheating on her?", Waseem's anger knew no bounds, as he threw all his anger and frustrations at Aditya, who was baffled with the information he was getting.

Rajveer was... His half brother?

He wanted..... Revenge?

"Hum aap se aakhri baar kah rhe h Aditya Hooda, humari beti se door rahiye, warna achha nhi hoga!", Waseem thundered, pointing a finger at Aditya, and turned to go, before stopping and turning to look at him, one last time, with a devilish smirk.
(I am warning you for the last time Aditya Hooda, stay away from my daughter, or else, the consequences won't be good)

"If you have even an ounce of doubt about what I said, don't forget the fact that you were away for 6 months and Zoya won the best businesswomen award. You came back, and you are ruining everything for her - Personally and Professionally, don't you think?", Waseem raised an eyebrow looking at the pale face of Aditya and left.

Waseem's words lingered in the air for quite some time, until a heavy feeling began to settle on Aditya's chest as he found it a little difficult to breathe. It didn't make sense, what was happening, but it pained him, and he couldn't escape the clutches of it.

"Zoya!", the name escaped him as he breathed hard, his eyes filling and tears rolling down his cheeks.

Was he really toxic for her?

Would he ruin her, like he ruined Pooja?

"Tujhe Pooja dikhti hi kha thi, tujhe sirf tu dikhta tha!", Sakshi's words came rushing down on his conscience and a single thought started to form inside his brain.