21. Relief

The morning came and went by, but Zoya wasn't too aware of her surroundings to notice that. Sitting on her knees, her hands were raised in a dua as she prayed on the floor of Aditya's hospital room, her heart a mess but her mind believing it with certainty that her Allah won't be cruel enough to not accept her heart felt prayer.

Once she got up and sat on his bedside, Her mind and her heart, both were focused on only one thing, rather one man, the man that lay in front of her in that dainty hospital robe, with wide bandages rolled around both his wrists

Once she got up and sat on his bedside, Her mind and her heart, both were focused on only one thing, rather one man, the man that lay in front of her in that dainty hospital robe, with wide bandages rolled around both his wrists. Zoya looked at them and flinched, and then this one time she couldn't stop thinking if that was how Aditya felt when she did this, in the past?

That also brought her to another conclusion. She really didn't know how Aditya felt, about most of the things. And given their circumstances, if she didn't know nobody else ought to know.

A warm hand on her shoulder broke her trance and she turned to find Sakshi, smiling softly at her. Zoya returned the small smile, shifting on the bed slightly to make space for Sakshi to sit on the stool.

"What are you thinking so deeply Zoya?", Sakshi asked gently, keeping her hand over Zoya's who immediately teared.

"I was thinking how I mostly don't know what Aditya feels, about anything. He makes sure to know everything about me, be there for me and I also try the same but today I am realising I don't know what goes on his mind half the time", Zoya's voice broke, the lump in her throat too much for her to speak anymore.

Sakshi sighed, as she took one glance at Aditya before fixing her gaze at Zoya. Softly running her hand through Aditya's hairs she patted Zoya's hand with her other hand.

" You know Zoya, when a relationship ends, there is always baggage and when it ends as brutally as both of yours did with your exes, the baggage increases ten fold. If you think in retrospect, I am certain you might have changed certain things in you, your habits. You become more involved with business and with your family, with Aditya, because in the back of your mind was the thought that you failed to understand Yash's needs. Am I close?", Sakshi explained, and Zoya nodded, the picture now getting clear in front of her.

"Adi and Pooja were best friends, Zoya. They had been best friends for years before he proposed her. He was used to telling her everything, every important and unimportant part of his day. She was the one who held him through Harsh's betrayal, through Anjana's tears, through his family's negligence. He talked so much that sometimes my head started to hurt, he never realized that he mentioned something as trivial as what time he
Took bath to Pooja too. And how did he realise, eventually? ", Sakshi sighed, her own eyes tearing at Aditya's sight.

" - Through me screaming in his face that he failed to be a husband to my daughter. Through Pooja's diary telling him that in his talks, hers were left unheard. Through me flashing the fact in his face that for the sake of his happiness, Pooja destroyed hers, until she could no more. And now, when You are in that place he doesn't want to repeat what he sees as his mistakes. He does not want to burden you like Pooja Zoya, he can't loose you.... ", Sakshi blinked to let her tears fall free before she stood up and pecked Zoya's head to leave.