7. Role reversal!

Note: First of all, a big thank you to everyone who took pains to congratulate me on my message board.
Those who have no idea what I am talking about 😂😂, I recently cleared my final year MBBS exams.
Also, from April 1st, my internship has started which means I have 12 hours duty at the hospital, which is why there is a little irregularities with update. Just bear with me this month, Next month my posting changes and I will be more frequent!

Thank you!

------

Zosh- day 1!

Zoya was moving to and fro in the office, waiting for a certain someone to show up, but as the clock was ticking by, her anxiety was growing several folds. She had not heard from Aditya since yesterday afternoon when he left the hospital. He hadn't even replied to her texts, and that had only made her worry a little more. She was constantly muttering some prayers to her Allah, wishing, hoping for Aditya Hooda to show up.

Sometimes, a certain someone changes us in ways we never thought was possible. For Zoya, it was Aditya.

As per cue, Aditya walked in and stopped in his tracks when his black eyes met Zoya's honey brown one's. The glass door between them was a world of it's own, but for a few prolonged minutes, it ceased to exist as Zoya and Aditya stood staring at ecah other. He could see the same unwavering concern in her eyes, the one that had fueled his belief that she loved him. She couldn't see the innocent sarcasm that she knew Aditya for anymore though, his eyes seemed serious, and tired.

Aditya broke the contact by stealing his gaze and looking down, and that brought Zoya back to earth. She opened the door, expecting him to come in but Aditya shook his head at her.

" I think I will sit there in one of staff cubicles", Zoya did not miss the seriousness in his voice, and watched him walk over to where Mona and Mithilesh ji were standing. She didn't like it at all, the changes she was seeing in him in just one day.

These were exactly what she wanted to hold back, she didn't want Aditya to loose what he was, like he did once before. She didn't want him to punish himself for being himself, like he did when he came to know about Pooja and Yash's actual Story, and the fact that it was him who could not give Pooja the love she wanted.

Zoya stomped her foot, and sat down on her chair, turning then and now to look at what Aditya was doing. She saw him discussing the design of the mandap for their new clients, matching the colours with their theme. He looked so focused, tapping the back of the pen on his forehead, but Zoya could see how desperate of an attempt it was too concentrate on something.

The ringing of her cell phone broke her chain of thoughts.

" Hello, Arjun?"

"Hi Zoya. How is Bhai?"

Zoya sighed at the question, she should have expected this. After the last day's conversation, she should have guessed Arjun was not in her full confidence, and he was ought to be worried.

" Fine. Trying hard to be working. Not letting anyone know the struggle".

This time, Arjun sighed. No matter what, he knew for sure that if there was someone who could see through Aditya, it was Zoya. It had been ironic of her to ignore that same Aditya for days at front, but he could not deny her concern for him.

" You remember that day Zoya, when you wanted to leave for mussorie, after your suicide attempt?", Arjun asked suddenly, changing the topic and though it took Zoya by surprise, she nodded.

" That day Bhai took heaven on earth to stop you, and when he realized how you were acting numb, even after you agreed to stay he took it upon himself to make you react. He irritated the hell out of you, trapped your dupatta in the door, stained your clothes, snatched your pizza...", Zoya could not help but chuckle at those memories. She remembered all those attempts of his, but was seeing them today in a new light.