15. The First Step

Aditya lay still, his head in Zoya's lap while she sat on the ground, her back to the wall and her legs stretched in front. She was playing with his hairs off and on, watching his face and trying to read something out of it, but his closed eyes and clam exterior gave away nothing. Just an hour ago, they had confessed out loud, accepted their love for each other and Zoya couldn't help but sigh, because their Confession wasn't all, there was so much left to work on, to solve and trod forwards.

Zoya's ringer went off, breaking the serenity of their moment, and Aditya had to sit up so that Zoya could fetch her phone from his bedroom

Zoya's ringer went off, breaking the serenity of their moment, and Aditya had to sit up so that Zoya could fetch her phone from his bedroom. Watching Noor's name on the screen, it struck Zoya like a thunderstorm, she had been out of her house the entire night. Her Abbu had not been talking to her anyway, and this now would mean war.

"Appi, where the hell are you?", Noor's concerned voice brought Zoya out of her terrifying thoughts.

"Noor, I-", she paused for a moment, "I am with Aditya", she spoke in a breathless whisper.

"Oh, thank god", Noor cried out in relief, "Come home soon okay, I told Ammi Abbu you had been in office working on today's Sangeet and Mehndi for the clients", Noor blabbered, and Zoya couldn't be more thankful. Her little sister never forgot to come to her rescue.

"Yeah, I am coming in an hour. Thanks for the save Mera Kohinoor. I owe you a treat", Zoya smiled into the phone before Noor rambled about how awesome a sister she was and cut the call. Picking up her handbag, Zoya turned to walk out of the bedroom when her eyes landed on Aditya, standing at the door, looking at her. As first instinct, Zoya smiled. She didn't know why but she always felt a warm flutter at his sight, especially the way he would look at her. Aditya tried to smile back, but his features were hesitant while he contemplated asking that one question bugging him.

"Aditya?", Zoya called out as she walked upto him, and stared at him so softly that for that moment all his questions found their rest.

"I need to go home, and then Zosh too. The first ceremony is tonight", she reminded him, and Aditya nodded. He needed to go to Zosh too.

"Meet me there in an hour, we will have breakfast together?", Zoya suggested, mentally making a note for buying groceries for Aditya. His house wasn't stocked yet, there was nothing to eat except bread and eggs and that too, were left on the kitchen platform.

Aditya nodded again, his gaze not shifting at all from her. She cupped his cheeks and dropped a tender kiss on his forehead, making him close his eyes in surrender.

"I will go now okay?", she broke the contact to book a cab when Aditya's hand clasped around her left wrist, making her turn around.

"Zoya, I-", Aditya stammered, not meeting her eyes, and Zoya rested her right hand on his hold over his, raising her eyebrows in question.

"I wanted to ask about-", Aditya stopped again, taking a deep breath but he needed to put it out of his system.

"I don't think-", he took a pause again making Zoya frown, "Your Abbu won't agree Zoya, to our relationship", there he said it and though he said it like a statement, Zoya very well understood the impending question beneath it.