25. Gluing Back

Aditya watched Zoya fret over him as she ran around the room to put the pillows behind him, and bringing a jug of water, with a smile playing on his face. He could not remember the last time he was genuinely adoring the love of his life this way.

Zoya was aware of his gaze and it flustered her, she was fighting a smile of her own, forcing herself to concentrate on the household work rather than his goofy smile, which she knew was purely for her.

Aditya had been discharged earlier in the day, and like she had been expecting, he didn't agree to go back to Hooda House, not immediately at least. Anjana was still admitted, and Sakshi was also supposed to be under observation for a few more days anyway, so Zoya had brought him to his apartment and was cleaning up now. Arjun was going to stay the night.

She had come over with Noor before bringing back Aditya, and the two sisters had cleaned all the blood stains in his bedroom, changed the sheets and brushed the tiny house beforehand.

When she was finally done, she turned and faced Aditya, who smirked and outstretched his hand for her to take, and when she did, he pulled her in, making her fall straight in his lap.

"Aditya!!!", Zoya gasped out loud, at the suddenness of the situation, but Aditya didn't pay any heed to her. He caged her in his arms, and put his chin on her shoulder, while she decided it would be better if she stopped moving because he wasn't letting her go anyway.

"You know Zoya, I should thank you for saving my life thrice now", Aditya whispered, and Zoya frowned, raising her eyebrows, and yet smiling because his three day old stubble was tickling her.

"Thrice?", she confirmed and he nodded, looking at her like she was the end of his world.

"The first time when you came to Mumbai the first time, and you pulled me in nick of the time at the highway, or a car would have run over me...", Aditya smiled fondly, he hadn't accepted it ever, but her words that day, had remained stuck with him ever since.

" Hum chahe ya na chahe, maane ya na maane, per hum dono ki kismat ek dusre se judi hui hai. Shyd isliye, takdeer hume baar baar ek dusre k samne laake khada kar deti hai"

 Shyd isliye, takdeer hume baar baar ek dusre k samne laake khada kar deti hai"

Both Aditya and Zoya remembered the night in vivid details. Zoya snuggled into him and rested her head on his chest, while she felt his arm tightening around her.

"And the day you slit your wrist", Aditya winced at the memory and it made Zoya hide her face more. It wasn't something she was proud of doing, but it was also something that had changed her perception of life. In that last fleeting moment before loosing consciousness, Zoya had understood that her life was hers and not driven by anyone else.

"As much as I am sorry Zoya for driving you to that point, I am also thankful because if that day Noor hadn't called me, I would have done something that I would have then regretted all my life", Aditya's voice broke, but Zoya raised her head and cupped his cheeks.