1. The Nikah!

The wind outside blew hard, like it wanted to aware people of an impending storm, but the two people inside that lit room, couldn't feel it or its harshness. They both couldn't feel anything except grief, and pain, as they stood staring into each other's eyes. They were the most unfortunate people in the face of Earth in that moment because they were Zoya Siddaqui and Aditya Hooda, two people madly in love, with each other, but while the former was yet to accept it forefront, the latter had given up owing to her happiness.

"Ye sab hone se accha toh hamari Jaan hi chali jati!".
( My death would have been better than all these mishappenings).

" Aapme or Arshad me se, Arshad hi Zoya k liye better choice hai".
(Out of you and Arshad, he is the better choice for Zoya)

Those words that Zoya had uttered in haste, and Zoya's mother had spoken under a misconception had ruined Aditya, and this time forever. His ability to trust was already shattered with Pooja's departure, and now, Zoya leaving him was robbing him of his confidence and sanity. He had felt so little of himself that he had accepted it in his heart this time, that he wasn't the one made to be loved, that he might not deserve to be loved.

Zoya watched him smile at her, despite his own sadness that was etched all over his face, and tears continued to roll down her Kohl clad eyes. She saw him blabbering to her about how beautiful she looked but registered nothing, her mind was focused on the redness in his eyes, and the way he was trying to hold back his own tears for her, just so that he could be her friend for one last time.

" Come, I will walk you down the aisle, with full rights of being your 'azeez dost', one last time", Aditya smiled, extending his right palm to her as he watched Zoya stand Frozen, looking like the most beautiful bride ever.

Just not his bride.

She was going to be someone else's in a few more minutes.

Zoya bit a sob and it alarmed Aditya.

" Zoya why are you crying? Oh wait, tears of happiness, right?", He panicked at the sight of her tears and then calmed down himself in the next second as the gravity of her words from before and her firm declaration the she did not love him, sinked in again.

How had he been so blind? How had he even thought she loved him?

Nobody could love him anyway. Neither Pooja, nor Zoya.

Taking in a deep breath, he gulped down all his pain, and formed a small smile again.

" Come let's go, Zoya. If I keep standing here and staring at you for even a minute more, I will give up. My strength will give up!", He uttered and Zoya with baiting breaths, and swollen eyes, placed her Heena clad hand in his, and watched him tighten his hold on her.

 My strength will give up!", He uttered and Zoya with baiting breaths, and swollen eyes, placed her Heena clad hand in his, and watched him tighten his hold on her

Everything began to flash before her eyes, as they started to walk. Their first meet in that gift shop, the moments at Zosh Office, their friendship, his failed tries at confessing, his letter, everything. She could not take her eyes off him, off his face, off his eyes while he made sure to not look at her. He lowered his eyes, aware of her gaze but not finding it in him to look at her anymore and give in to his feelings. He kept his eyes focused on the floor, walking in silence, basking her warmth near him for one last time, her scent sending jitters down him like always, until he felt a pull back from her.