Chapter 12

My senses woke, making me aware and making me clear of everything; feeling Lucians arms around me. I raised my eyebrows and opened my eyes, looking up at him, the pillow making a soft rustling sound in return to my movement. I watched him, he looked peaceful when he slept. His hair was messy and some fell into his eyes, his lips a beautiful shade of pale pink. I smiled and cuddled closer to him, he was warm and i could hear his heart beating softly in his chest. He shifted around and opened his eyes, looking down to me and rested his head on mine. "Morning, Leo." He grumbled, his morning voice low and raspy; making it harder to understand his accent, yet I always knew what he was saying. I smiled. "Morning, Louie..." I looked up and gently kissed his cheek, his cheeks flushing a bit which made his face have some colour. I chuckled lowly, my voice was just scratchy when I woke up. I didn't like it. He snuggled up and pulled me close to him, if that was even possible since I was right up against him. I smiled and put my arm around his waist, my head placed against his chest. "Louie..." I said softly.

I could feel his head shift so he was looking at me. "Hmm..?"

"I'm hungry.." I said, struggling not to laugh.

He shifted around and took his arms off me, sitting up as I heard him mutter, "of course you are." I giggled and sat up, both of us leaving his room without our shirts and in sweatpants. I watched as he ran his fingers through his messy black hair, thumping down the stairs. I smiled with my eyes and followed him, meeting him in the kitchen. We both knew Lulia was gone somewhere doing who knows what, and I was happy that she was gone so she didn't have to tease us about last night. I looked around his kitchen, it was clean with oak brown cabinets, metal appliances and an island in the center of it. I loved cooking here, and I so badly wanted to make a huge feast to feed tons of people but I also didn't have the energy at 9:46 in the morning.

We decided to have pancakes, nothing too special. Lucian helped me get out the supplies and condiments I needed and set them on the counter beside me. I smiled at him generously and took the bowl, placing it in front of me before he backed away and sat on one of the chairs on his island. I could feel his eyes on me as I reached over and grabbed the flour; pouring some into a measuring cup and then dumping it into the bowl. And I was still thinking about how I was a whole person instead of pieces of a broke one.

I was standing in front of the stove watching the pancakes cook and felt the hair on my arms stand up. I stood up straight, hearing footsteps approach me from behind. Lucian slowly approached me, smirking as he gently wrapped his this arms around my waist, his head tilted so he could watch me cook. I smiled and blushed. "Louie..." I chuckled. "I love you." I turned my head towards him.

"Indeed." He said before he kissed me sweetly.