Chapter 21

My leg shook nervously as I was seated at my gate at the airport. I couldn't believe I was doing this. I couldn't believe I was going to see Lucian again. After almost a year, after all this time that passed I couldn't believe it. I folded my hands in my lap and looked down, taking in a deep breath before I heard them announce my plane. I grabbed my suitcase and stood up, making my way down to my flight to see Lucian.

*

Lucians POV

I stood in front of the stove, stirring the steaming hot pot of pasta. My thin fingers were wrapped around the wooden spoon tightly, my hand making it shake. My heart pounded in my chest harshly, making my head throb. How was I still living like this. Why was I still living like this? I sighed out a shaky breath and looked behind me, worried he was there. Luckily; he wasn't. I looked back to the pot before I grabbed the plates and filled them with the meal. I held my breath as I made sure the pasta was perfectly laid out on the plates. I thought it looked pretty good. I let out the breath I was holding in and turned off the oven before I steadily turned around. There he was. He was staring at me with that smirk. The one he had when I first...met him. My hands started to shake, my heart began to pound; my legs almost gave out before I dropped one of the plates. My eyes widened and my breathing was stopped. Everything felt slow motion as the plate fell and crashed into the ground. I knew what was coming. I avoided his eyes, I knew they were on me and I knew they weren't happy. I grabbed a cloth and bent down, quickly picking up the pasta, broken plate and sauce. "I-I'm sorry, Sir." I choked out as I held back my tears. "I-I didn't mean t-to." I shook my head before he snatched me by my shirt and picked me up, making me stand. I looked up at him, eyes wide and full of fear before he pushed me back into the counter. I whimpered slightly before he walked towards me again. "You wanna drop my dinner on the ground? You want me to starve, boy?!" He spat in my face.

I shook my head. "N-no, I don't want y-you to starve, Sir. Besides, t-there is always m-more pasta in the p-pot." I stammered quietly.

He laughed a hearty laugh. "So you wanna be a smart-ass?" He smirked before he punched me in the jaw.

I sucked in a breath as my jaw sting, my head now pounding. "No, Sir. I didn't-" I started before he interrupted me.

"I'll show you how I treat smart asses." He smiled before he grabbed me, and through me across the kitchen. It was no surprise. He was 260 pounds of pure muscle and I was merely 139 pounds of nothing. I flew through the air, flailing my limbs before I crashed into the floor. I groaned as I lifted myself up from the collision to the ground. He stomped over to me and pulled me up, dropping me so I would stand. I stumbled back before I looked up at him; that evil smirk on his face. He punched me again, and again and again. My lip was bleeding. I spit the blood onto the floor before he kicked me into the stomach, and everything was a blur.

*

It was hours after. I couldn't feel anything, the pain was too much to feel. He left me here. He left me here to die. He left me in a pool of my own blood. Some of my wounds stopped bleeding, but most of them were still wet with blood. I looked around, the apartment looked so small now that some furniture was destroyed. I huddled further into my corner; hoping only I would die before I could relive this again tomorrow.

*

Cecilio's POV

I into the airport from my flight looking like an absolute mess. I was exhausted. I was hungry. But I needed to find Lucian. I quickly dig out of my cell phone from my sweatpants pockets an dialled lulia's number. It rang once. Twice. Three times before she answered. "Hello?" She answered.

I smiled a bit. "Hi Lulia's, it's Cecilio." I told.

"Oh hey! I haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything okay?"

I nodded, despite her not being there to see me. "Yes everything is great. I need to know where Lucian lives?"

She hesitated before answering, and I heard voices in the background. "Uh..." I heard her sigh. "719 Floare Street."

I sighed in relief and smiled as I exited the airport and stood on the sidewalk. "Thank you so much. You know...I miss you."

She groaned. "Yeah yeah, I miss you too." She replied, although I could hear her smiling as she said it. "Bye, Cecilio."

"Bye." I said before I hung up and hailed a taxi.

~

I stepped out of the taxi, staring at the apartment before paying the driver and watching as he drove away down the street. I took a deep breath and walked into the building, asking for Lucian Olaru. She told me his apartment number and I thanked her in Transylvania before I took the elevator up to his floor. Suddenly, my heart was pounding, my hands were shaking. Did I really want to do this? What would he say? Will it be awkward? What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore? I mean...really though. I sighed and stepped out, walking down the grey carpet balls before I reached his door. I carefully sucked in a breath

and knocked on the door.