Chapter 17

I ran into the woods, twigs and leaves and branches catching my hair and scratching my face. I could barely breathe, my body aching and my heart racing and my whole body felt like it would collapse at any second.

I soon approached a clearing and had the idea to stop before i tripped over a log and fell to the ground harshly. I groaned and sniffed, pushing my self up and looking around my surroundings. there was many trees fallen over, and a lot of moss. I rubbed my eyes with non bloody hand before i pulled my knees into my chest, wrapping my arms around them and crying for what felt like eternity.

I heard snapping and shouting but i didn't care for it at all, unless it was Lucian coming to hug me and say to was all a prank, but it wasn't; it was Cece. I looked up and turned my head towards her, watching as she had leaves in her hair also and her breath was heavy. I noticed she had flowers in her hand, Lily's of the Valley i think they were called. I furrowed my eyebrows and wondered why she had them, and what good they would be at this moment. I sighed and looked at my knees, "what do you want? Can't you see i want to be alone?" I snapped, my eyes darting to her.

She sighed and sat beside me, leaning against my arm. "I read the note." She started softly, turning to me and picking the junk out of my hair. "I know this ia ha-"

"How would you know? You don't know! You don't know what i'm feeling, Cece. You would never know how bad this hurt feels." i interrupted, tears pricking my eyes again. I leaned my chin on my wrists as i instantly regretted what i just said.

She tucked a strand of wavy hair behind her ear and looked at her hands. "My boyfriend was kidnapped for years, Cecilio. Years. I was in constant worry and fear that he died, that he was dead and that he was never going to come back. That that time i look at him when i tried to save him, his eyes full of tears and fear and he told me he loved me, my heart broke and it took so long to repair." She looked at me now. "And then, the police found him. And he came home." She took in a shaky breath before continuing, "so don't you dare tell me i have never felt your pain. That i will not know what it feels like or could possibly know what your going through; because i do. And i know it hurts now, and it will for a while i'm not going to lie but you will see him again and you know he loves you. You two have shared so many beautiful memories, and that's what is going to keep you going; that's what is going to make you smile everyday." She stood now, reaching her hand out with the lilies, offering them to me. I knew she was right, that i had to smile at the memories we had. I know he loved me, i know he still loves me and that when he least expects it i was going to find him and see him and it would feel like home.

I smiled a bit and stood, brushing the grass and dirt off the back of my pants before looking at the flowers in her hand, gently taking them and bringing them to my nose to smell them. I looked at her and she smiled and i smiled back, returning the favor. "You're a great sister." I told her, pulling her into a hug, leaning my chin on her head as she rested her head on my chest.

She laughed a bit and i felt the vibration of it in my chest. "Thanks, i decided to return to favor since you're such a great brother." She smiled as both of us pulled back from the hug and started talking again like normal and nothing really happened just now. We started walking back into the woods, hoping to find our way out. I watched as Cece reached over and took one of the flowers, putting in behind her ear, I laughed and shook my head as i listened to the sound of the birds and the wind as the memory of Lucian flashed into my mind.