Chapter 1

I woke to the sun in my eyes, like I usually did and sighed; wishing I could sleep forever. Maybe I could someday, but today i was going to see Lucian and I wanted to be awake for that. I rubbed my eyes before I sat up and stretched my bare arms. I groaned and moved the blankets off me, moving my body to the edge of my bed as I placed my feet on the floor. I knew Lucian was going f to come soon, since we always packed our days from the moment we woke up to the second we fell asleep. I stood up and scratched the back of my head as I walked to my bathroom across the hall. I flicked on the light and stared at myself in the mirror; I looked the same as always. My hair was messy and my body was pale, muscular arms and a small four pack. Nothing much. I took my tooth brush and wet it before putting toothpaste on it. I started to brush my teeth, thinking about the day we had planned and how I would go.

I looked at myself in the mirror again, making sure I looked good. Not that I wanted to look good for Lucian, it was for my own personal feelings to look good. Look good, feel good they said. My khakis looked good, folded int he right places and my shirt as well, my knitted cardigan making me look like I put too much effort into my outfit, yet none at all.
I was fixing my hair, smoothing it door and making it look nice as I heard a knock on my door. I smiled as I dashed to the front door; I knew who it was and I wanted to see him. I made it to the door and opened it quickly to see Lucian standing there in his usually black attire. We exchanged smiles as I opened the door and extended a arm into my apartment, as if to say come on in. He smiled and bowed his head in thanks as he entered my humble home. He took of his shoes and ran to the couch, jumping on it like a little kid. We both laughed as I closed the door and ran to sit beside him. I was always so happy when I saw him; or thought of him in the slightest. We both turned to each other, smiling like the idiots we were and started discussing what we should do first.

Sometimes being so weirdly smart pays off, and this was one of those times. When we were about 14 we had a thing for twister; we loved it and we still do. So, Lucian came up with this brilliant idea of making a machine that spins the spinner for you, instead of one of us having to spin it. And he made one, funny enough. It was actually a really good idea, he's very smart when he wants to be; but I think he's a hidden genius. The automatic spinner was up on the coffee table as our twister mat was laid out in the middle of the living room. We grinned at each other happily before I turned on the spinner. We both waited and watched it spin before it landed on a command: Left hand, Blue. We did as it said and both put our left hand on a blue circle. The spinner spun again and gave us another command: Right leg, Yellow. We continued to do as the spinner said, both of us grinning widely.

We were on our second round of twister. Lucian won the first game, he was always so good at this game. Maybe because he was smaller and skinnier. The spinner spun again, giving us a hard command as we were intwined, Lucian folded over my stomach as I struggled to keep my irregular back bend. I reached for a red square before laughing and falling to the ground, Lucian falling down on top of me. I laughed before he sat up slightly, his hands above my shoulders, arms extended. He stared down at me, I stared up at him. His bright purple eyes shifted from one of my eyes to the other. I blushed slightly, knowing he was staring at me, knowing i could feel his body against mine; knowing he could see me blushing. My heart raced, my stomach felt fluttery. Why was I feeling like this? Was it because...? No, that's obserred. I wasn't falling in love with my best friend, right?