Chapter 4

I walked to my apartment slowly, my eyes wide. I was shocked. My eyes stayed fixed the the ground, my hands in my pockets as I reached my door. I stared at it, my hand slowly reaching up and turning the handle. I sighed and walked inside, closing the door by leaning my back against it. I stared at my apartment, where we were just hanging out moment before. I took off my jacket and dropped it to the floor, thinking about what he said at the gazebo. He was in love... With me?! I needed time, an eternity to get what he said to stay in my mind. My best friend is in love with me. I made it to my bedroom and flopped on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My mind was buzzing, my heart was beating quickly. I was so speechless, but not in a bad way, of course. I rubbed my eyes and thought about our lives together over the years. All the laughs we had, all the fun adventures together, all the times we've helped each other back up off our feet after falling multiple times; and he's loved me for more than 6 years? I was overwhelmed, I was excited, I was shocked and speechless. I couldn't believe he was I love with me. And at that moment, thinking about my life, thinking about his life, thinking about these years that have seemed to go by in a blink of an eye; I realized... I loved him too.

*******

I had barely slept that night, thinking about what he had said kept me awake and restless. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, only have slept for about an hour before and sat up, looking around my room. I knew my sister was going to be coming back from her camping trip at noon, so that gave me plenty of time to clean up. I quickly got up and jogged to the bathroom, turning on the shower. I hopped in and washed my hair and body, all the while trying to think of what I was going to say to Lucian. I got out, dried off and went to my room with the towel around my waist. I sighed, walking over to my closet and picking out some dark jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I quickly changed, dried my hair a little bit and walked into the living room. Time to start cleaning.

I soon finished cleaning, since it was what I did basically all day, everyday. Living with a girl wasn't exactly easy. I put my hands on my hips, my sleeves rolled up half way as I made sure my house was tidy. I smiled to myself before my door opened. Cece was home. I sighed, knowing I was going to have to tell her about Lucian. I walked to the hall and smiled at her. She greeted me with a quick hug. "Hey!" She cheered.

I laughed. "Hi." I replied back, in my normal tone.

She moved her hair out of her eyes and looked at the house. "Looks nice." She smiled at me.

I nodded. "Thanks." I walked out to the kitchen. "What do you want for lunch?" I asked, opening the fridge. She followed me, peeking over my shoulder. I knew what she was going to say. I turned around and looked down at her, seeing the huge smile on her face. It was times like that when I realized how much we actually look alike. We were twins anyways. "Pasta!" She said, throwing hands in the air and spinning around. We both laughed. I grabbed the pasta from the freezer and tossed it on the counter. She got out the sauce and the bowl. I sighed happily, a small hint of normality.

Cece lit a candle and place it in the center of the dinning room table. She always did this before we ate. If reminded her of our mom; she walkways out candles on the table while we ate. We smiled at each other and sat at the table with our pasta and wine. She took a bite. "So," she paused to chew. "Anything happen while I was gone?" She raised her eyebrows. I hesitated and shook my head. "Uh," I took a sip of wine. "How was camping?" I asked, changing the subject. And one she went, talking about how her camping trip was. I knew I was going to tell her, but I didn't know how.

I was staring at the candle light when she snapped her fingers in front of my face. I blinked and looked at her. "What's gotten into you?" She laughed, taking a drink of wine. I rubbed the back of my neck and shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at me. "There's something you're not telling me."
I blushed a bit and shrugged. "Maybe..." I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "Yeah, there is..." I looked down.

She titled her head. "Well...what is it?" She smiled a bit until I looked up at her. "Yesterday, I was hanging out with Lucian..." I started, taking in a breath. "And we were at the gazebo,"

"As usual." She interrupted with a laugh. I laughed too and nodded. "As usual. Now let me finish!" I pointed at her. "So anyway, I'll just get to the point." I ran my fingers through my hair. "Lucian...confessed to me." I looked at her and smiled. Cece stared at me, her jaw hanging down. "For real?" She asked, cheerfully. I nodded and laughed. "Yes! And I love him, too!" I shrugged. Cece jumped up and laughed, clapping her hands and spinning around. "I knew it!" She pointed at me before grabbing my hands and pulling me into a hug. I laughed and hugged her back. Maybe a part of me knew I loved him before this.