24

After the wedding, Kieran and I were privately coronated as King and Queen between the demon and vampire kingdom. We decided to stop calling the two kingdoms by those titles and instead, we called the now joined kingdom, Pridelynd.

Kieran smiled at me and kissed me for a while before I had to push him away so that we could go to the afterparty. My husband noticed that I was feeling a bit faint and anxious. Kieran took his hand and slit it and gave it to me. I refused it at first, not wanting to get blood on my wedding dress. Kieran gave up and got a shot glass off of the table and dripped his blood into it before giving it to me. I rolled my eyes at him and took the shot. I took a drink of water to get rid of the blood stains on my teeth before going down to the afterparty. I redid my lipstick and Kieran and I walked out of the sitting room and walked down the stairs. We were met by Peyton and Laika at the bottom of the stairs. Laika was bouncing up and down and was really excited to see me and Kieran. As soon as I reached the last step, Laika bowed before waiting a second and she jumped up and hugged me around my waist.

"Talia! Now you can stay here forever!" Laika smiled brightly. With how much that child has gone through, she still smiles. That's more than I could have ever done at her age. Kieran stood behind me and kissed my cheek and smiled at Laika.

"Of course! Also, my first order to you as queen, is that you're not allowed to bow to me." I told her. She looked up at me with confusion set in her eyes. "You're my sister now, not my maid." I said to her with a smile. Peyton bowed to us and he looked at me with a proud look in his eyes.

"The after ball awaits you, your highnesses." Peyton said dramatically to make us laugh. Laika laughed at him and took his hand and dragged him to the party. Laika seemed happy, but I knew that those scars that have been burned into her memories, will take a lot more time than what she's allowing herself to heal. I still haven't healed yet. Maybe I never will, but what I do know, is that my family is never going to be in that kind of danger ever again if Kieran and I can help it. Kieran intertwined his fingers with mine and he kissed the temple of my head before leading me to the ballroom behind Peyton. We all stood behind the closed, onyx and wood doors, waiting for our names to be announced. I was still a bit shaky from the memories of last time I was up in front of a crowd with Kieran. However, I knew that as long as Kieran and I are in rule of this new kingdom, there shouldn't be any more wars or underground systems going on. If there is, we now have one of the strongest armies and security in the entire world. Kieran had already established a high-tech security team to protect me and Laika whenever he isn't around. Laika's number one rule was that until she turns eighteen or when she gets her powers under control, she has to have a guard or Peyton with her at all times until she can defend herself. The only time she doesn't have to have a guard is when she is doing her personal things like bathing, hanging out with her friends, getting dressed, eating with her family, etc. She agreed reluctantly, but Kieran and I both knew that this was the best way that she could have fun and be protected when Kieran and I aren't there.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Your new king and queen, King Kieran Chishiro and Queen Talia Mei Kuro Chishiro of Pridelynd!" The announcer spoke in a booming voice. That was when the doors opened and Kieran and I walked gracefully onto the balcony that oversaw the ballroom. Peyton stepped to the side, waiting for Laika to be announced. Laika seemed really nervous to be announced alone, so I asked Peyton to walk with her. Kieran and I were bowed to as we presented ourselves and walked down the staircase with the room full of applause and cheering. I looked up at my husband and noticed that he was scouting the room with his eyes and sniffing out who knows what.

"Kieran, your guard dog is showing." I told him. He looked down at me and smirked before glowing his eyes at me for a brief second. I smirked and he whispered to me.