10

After fighting for a while and showing Kieran and Sensei what my skills were. I ended up fighting Kieran for a full two hours. Our skills were pretty much unstoppable... until I trampled him and twisted his wrist. We said our goodbyes to my second family and went back home to fix up the damage I had done to Kieran's wrist. We walked into the living room and I had him sit on the couch.

"Sorry about that... again." I smiled innocently. Kieran smirked and pat my head with his good hand.

"I didn't realize how much strength that tiny body of yours had. It's my fault." I wrapped his hand in a bandage and laughed softly.

"I told you not to underestimate me." I laughed to myself. I smiled up at him and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Fair enough. You win... this time." Kieran laughed before getting up and getting two cups. He went over to the cabinet and got out the hot chocolate and made us some. He gave me some extra whipped cream and marshmallows with chocolate syrup drizzled on top of it. I snuggled up in my big fluffy blanket and held the hot coco in my hands to warm me up. I thanked Kieran for the hot chocolate and he nodded and sat next to me. "Can you please share the blanket with me?" Kieran asked with a sad expression on his face. He was obviously faking his weariness.

"No, go get your own blanket." I argued. He tugged on the corner of the blanket.

"Please? Just this once?" He asked me again but with more babiness. I stared at him with my eyes furrowed and a pout on my face. I reluctantly rolled up the covers just enough for Kieran to slip under with me. I smiled and we watched movies on his computer. They were happy movies, not ones to make me hungry. Kieran happily snuggled closer to me and something inside me made me very uncomfortable. I moved away a bit, but Kieran got closer. I was starting to smell the blood running through his veins.

I could see in his body all of the veins that would be most nourishing for me. I could feel the fangs in my mouth grow. I felt dizzy and all of a sudden, I felt myself snap once again. I grabbed a hold of Kieran's bicep and pulled him towards me before I sunk my fangs into his neck. Kieran winced in pain and I felt awful for doing this to him. I felt little control over my body even though I had been working on controlling my hunger. Tears fell down Kieran's face and I had tears welling up in my eyes. I suddenly felt warmth in my hand. Soon, I realized that it was Kieran who was holding my hand.

"It's okay Talia." I heard Kieran whisper shakily into my ear. I stopped drinking when I felt his arms wrap around me. I buried my head into his bloodied shoulder and sobbed. This was why my family died. Because of what I am.

"I'm a monster!" I sobbed. Kieran only held me tighter. He hushed me and rubbed my back. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried.

"I don't care what you might think of yourself Talia, but let me tell you something. I know the truth of who you are and I always have. I've seen monsters before and trust me they are far more threatening than you right now. You're still new to your hunger and honestly, this isn't the worst case of bloodthirst I have seen. I promise you one thing: whenever I have looked at you in the past, not once have I ever seen a monster." He said to me. "Not even now." He told me while clutching his shoulder. Kieran held me close to him and I only snuggled closer, wanting the warmth of his comfort to embrace me.

"Kieran?" I stuttered out. Kieran looked down at me and rocked me like a baby. "I think I love you." I hesitantly said. Kieran took a minute to process what I had just said. He gazed into my eyes before smirking.

"I know you do sweetheart." He smiled before leaning down quickly and kissing my lips. My eyes widened at the sudden contact. My heart raced and my stomach had butterflies in it yet... I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. All of that anxiety and worry of loving him melted away once I accepted Kieran as a man. I didn't want to let go at that point.