16

AN//This is a long one y'all... enjoy!

-bldysketcher

______________________________________________________________________________

Kieran woke me up the next morning with soft kisses on the cheek and the smell of french toast and eggs. I looked over and smiled softly at him. I stretched and he waited for me to get up. When I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I got out of bed and stood in front of Kieran. My hair was a mess and I had no makeup on, but Kieran didn't seem to care. He just smiled at me warmly. I looked at what Kieran was wearing and my mind stopped. He was wearing an HBH uniform, one that I know way too well. As my mind was registering what was actually happening, Kieran tried to hold my hand. Out of instinct, I ripped my hand away from him, but then immediately regretted it as I tried to understand that it was just Kieran and that he wouldn't hurt me. I looked in Kieran's eyes and they were full of hurt. Not hurting for himself, but hurting for me. My eyes were watery and all I could think of doing was wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. Kieran put his arms around my waist and he hugged me tight.

"The uniform doesn't change who I am when I'm with you, okay?" He said. I nodded and he stood up and held my hand until the doorway of the room. I was a little confused, but I could see that whatever was next, Kieran really didn't want to do. "They'll be watching us until we get there. I won't actually hurt you, but I need you to play along and be over exaggerated if I motion to hurt you." Kieran said. I understood how the HBH worked, I knew how harmful they are towards those who are being held captive. I didn't want to think of what they could be doing to poor little Laika. She's so young, almost like how I was when I was there. Too young to understand what's going on. I nodded to Kieran's words before taking a second before hugging him. He lifted my chin up and kissed me for a while before kissing me against the wall. Unfortunately, we had to end it there for the sake of both of us, and for the sake of Laika's safety. The sooner we arrived, the sooner she would be safe.

Instead of Kieran leading me out of the room, he put his hand on my shoulder and lightly nudged me out the door. I fell forwards on purpose to make it seem like he pushed me a lot harder than he did. He walked really close behind me as we walked to the kitchen. I didn't feel comfortable with him being so shady, but I knew that if he had the choice, he would be cuddling with me and watching a light-hearted movie. When we arrived at the dinner table, Peyton was standing there with the same uniform as Kieran, but a lower rank. Peyton walked over to me and was just as gentle as Kieran, but I had to act the same as how I did with Kieran. He "dragged" me over to a chair and he had me sit down at the table. Peyton guarded my chair as Kieran sat next to me and waited for our food to be served. I had my head lowered, not making eye-contact with anyone. I could sense the pain coming from Kieran and the concern from Peyton. Soon enough, I was handed a plate of food. It didn't look the best, but it was enough to keep me full. I ate all of my food as if I hadn't been fed in a week. Kieran looked satisfied and Peyton remained emotionless.

"Sir, you have a video call waiting for you." A maid, who was obviously in on the whole charade came in and handed Kieran his tablet. Kieran put it down on the table in front of all of us and he pressed the button to answer. Kieran looked at me from the side of his eye and then pursed his lips to let me know that it was business. I kept my head lowered and waited for any signs of danger. As soon as the call started, I looked up barely to see who was on the screen, but I could hardly tell because of my hair being in my face. What gave away who it was, was the cigarette-ruined, rusty, old, Italian voice that haunted me in my dreams for years.

"Mr. Chishiro. You realize that you have three hours or time is up." The man said.

"Mr. Neo, we are prepared to meet, give us a time." Kieran responded rather quickly. I could hear the chuckles of that old swine that I once called 'master.' He is the reason I hold grudges against that hellhole.