20

For once, I had a dreamless sleep. The only thing I heard was faint singing. The next thing I knew, I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I looked over to see machines that were hooked up to my IV and were beeping every time my heart beat. I felt a heavy weight on the bed right to the side of my leg. I looked down to see Kieran, sleeping next to me, just enough space so that he won't hurt me. I smiled softly and I pet his head. It was dark outside. It was night now, but I didn't know what time it was. I was really sore, but my body was shaky from the painkillers. Kieran slowly woke up to me petting his hair.

"You're awake." He said. I nodded weakly and he immediately reached up and kissed me. "The doctors said that they almost lost you from blood loss. The surgery ended up taking a wrong turn and you started seizing... I thought that I had lost you." Kieran said. I was a bit shocked from the news that I had just gotten. I smiled when I saw how relieved he was. My mind went to Laika.

"How's your sister?" I asked.

"She's pretty shaken up and she hasn't talked to me or anyone. She's worried about you. The only words that we've gotten from her were 'how's sister?' and 'Can we go see her?' She's going to be so happy when she sees you." Kieran said. I smirked and held his hand.

"When it's morning, can she come here? I want to see her." I said. Kieran smiled and he laid next to me. I placed his hands around me so that it wouldn't hurt me and he snuggled into my shoulder and fell asleep. I fell asleep too and waited until morning.

~~~~~

I woke up to the smell of soup and bacon. I noticed that nobody was in the room with me anymore. I just laid there and pressed the button on my hospital bed to sit up. It hurt a lot more than last night. I called in a nurse and they came in and put more painkillers in the IV. I felt better pain-wise but my mind was all fuzzy and my body was still shaky. Trying to rest, I wondered where Kieran went. I didn't want to think too much into it but I was still curious. I didn't have a phone to call him so I was forced to sit in silence and wait.

A few hours later, I heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see Kieran with a bouquet of flowers for me. Behind him was a shy and scared Laika. She looked a lot more put together and cleaned up, which made me very happy. I smiled weakly at the two and Kieran came over to me and kissed me for at least thirty seconds before Laika kicked his shin, which caused me to laugh. Kieran had a look of annoyance on his face.

"Feeling any better?" Kieran asked. I rubbed my eyes and nodded.

"They just shoved painkillers down me so I feel great right now." I said, completely unaware of how out of my head I was. Laika came up to me and handed me a card that looked homemade. "Did you make this for me?" I smiled at her. She hid behind Kieran and nodded. I stretched out my arms to her and she looked unsure if she should hug me or not.

"It won't hurt her right now. Just be careful. Go on and hug her." Said Kieran. Laika looked at him and then he lifted her up on the bed and she hugged the side that wasn't as hurt as softly as she could. I hugged her back and smiled at her and then at Kieran. I mouthed the words 'I love this kid' to Kieran and he sat next to me and helped Laika down. "She's a cutie!" Kieran said to me while picking his sister up. Peyton was standing outside and I smiled and waved at him. He walked in with an envelope. He handed it to Kieran and Kieran smiled at me.

"What's that?" I asked. Peyton stood there, quiet and he had a smirk on his face.

"It's a sample of our wedding invitations." Kieran spoke up. I smirked and looked up at him. "After we almost lost you back there, I realized that I couldn't wait any longer to make you my wife. I had a sample of the invitations made so that I could ask you this officially." Kieran had a box in his pocket and he took it out. Peyton had Kaya and her new boyfriend, Lee on video chat. Kieran sat closer to me and brushed the hair out of my eyes that were watering. He took my hand and held it in his left hand.

"Kieran..."

"Talia Mei Kuro, the time to answer my question... will you please marry me?" It sounded more like a demand, but when I saw the love in his eyes, I couldn't resist. I kissed him and nodded.

"Of course, you big baby." I said to him. I heard cheering from the nurses and Kaya and Lee over video chat and Peyton was smiling and clapping and so was Laika who jumped into Kieran's arms and hugged me and him. Kieran opened the box to get out the ring. It was a black, stainless steel band that was lined with tiny diamonds and rubies and then in the middle was a diamond that looked like it was worth more than the dress he bought me for the party... that's a lot of money! I looked up at him. "Babe, this is too much..." Kieran put it on my left hand and shook his head.

"You're worth more than any diamond to me. This is custom made for you." He said to me. I had tears running down my face and I kissed him. "When we get married, my wedding band matches your engagement ring." I smiled and he sat next to me and pet my head while I rested my head on his shoulder. I wiped my tears and looked up at him as he put the ring on my finger.

"When can I get out of here?" I sniffed. Kieran put his nose to my forehead.

"When the pain subsides for the most part. Hopefully within the next few days." He told me. "Unless I give you some of my blood. It would speed up the healing process." He said. "It would still be at least three days before you can come home though." He said to me. I nodded.

"I just want to go home." I said. Kieran nodded and sat up.

"I'll go talk to the doctor." Kieran said. I nodded and rested my head with a big smile on my face. "Just rest okay?" And then he left, leaving me, Laika and Peyton in the room.

((Short chapter: Sorry guys! was busy with college essay 😅🤟🏼~ bldysketcher))