12

Waking up, I could feel the breeze on my face and a pair of strong arms around me. I jumped when I realized that it was a man carrying me. I looked up and saw that it was just Kieran. He smirked at me and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry Talia. Nobody could ever take you away from me that easily." He said sweetly. I nodded and rested my head on his chest as he carried me. "Just go back to sleep, princess."

The next morning, I woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom. I shot up in my place and looked around the room, panicking. Not realizing where I was, plus having memories from my past the night before, I began to hyperventilate. I got up and ran to the door, fear striking through my body. I had completely forgotten where I was and I didn't know how to get out. It felt like all of the anxiety and paranoia of being back in that place that I was in twelve years ago, all came flooding back. I opened the door and walked carefully down the hall until I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I jumped and started to run. I ran until I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a man with black hair that faded into a red, then to a yellow almost like fire. His skin was tan and his right eye was red and his left eye was yellow. He caught me before I could fall into the wall. I stared up into his eyes and quickly got out of them. I stood up straight and didn't make eye contact with him. He looked about to be the same age as me. He wore a black suit and white gloves as well as black, dress shoes and a red tie. He had a black stud in his right ear and a dangling cross in his left ear. I noticed that he had a bunch of black necklaces overlapping one another, but I didn't pay much attention to his person in general. I had always been like that. I always paid attention to every detail, but never the person standing before me. It was a survival tactic that I had learned.

"Are you okay?" His smooth, young sounding voice gave me chills. I nodded and then bowed to him.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you." I immediately apologized to him. He bowed back and took my hand and kissed it.

"Not at all. It was my own fault for not stepping out of the way." The boy told me. I took my hand away from him and put my hands behind my back so that he couldn't do it again. He smirked and stood up straight as he adjusted his collar and tie. "My name is Peyton Kennah. I've been a servant here for around five years. If you need anything, you can ask for me to help you." I was still shaking from not understanding where I was.

"Um... where is Kieran?" I asked shyly. Peyton's eyes widened and then he stood at attention. His expression became worried as he looked over my shoulder. I felt a light hand on my lower back as I sensed Kieran's presence. I jumped at the sudden contact, but as soon as I saw him, I jumped into his arms and hugged him. I felt relieved that he was around me and that I was safe.

"Flirting with my future wife are we?" Kieran asked with a very stern expression. He took my hand and I held it shakily with both hands.

"Sir, that was not at all my intention. I didn't realize that she was the one that you were going to marry! I was simply being polite to her! There's no need to get upset." Peyton tried to explain. He was failing miserably. Kieran looked at Peyton and then at me. He put his hands on my shoulders and got down to my level.

"Talia, what happened? Why are you crying and shaking so much?" Kieran asked me softly. I looked into his eyes, knowing that I would feel better if I told him what was going on.

"I didn't know where I was when I woke up. I didn't see or sense you, so it scared me. I woke up in an unfamiliar bed in a room that I didn't recognize. It brought back memories and it terrified me. I ran out of the room and bumped into this man and he caught me before introducing himself and kissing my hand. He seemed really polite, but it was a bit uncomfortable." I explained. Kieran embraced me in a hug and pet the back of my head.