14

Kieran refused to let go of my hand the whole time he drove. I was really nervous that he was going to get too distracted and wreck the car, but he insisted on holding my hand anyways.

Once we got home, Kieran brought me over to one of the older maid groups. He instructed them to get me ready for the party tonight. They happily agreed and Kieran gave me a quick kiss before handing me over to the ladies. I was a bit scared of having a bunch of people doing my hair and makeup at the same time, but I dealt with it by putting headphones in and listening to music on Kieran's phone that I had taken without him knowing. After I had my makeup and hair done, the older maid with long, braided, grey hair took me to the other room to help me put my dress on. I smiled when I saw my dress again. It made me feel so confident, especially because I would have my guard dog beside me. I smiled once the dress and flower crown were on me. The maids stood back and admired their work. I looked in the mirror and my hair was beautifully curled and then braided at the sides and tied in the back as a half up-half down kind of look. The flower crown sat perfectly upon my braids and my makeup was flawless. I smiled at the maid's handiwork and I bowed and thanked them sincerely. The doors of the room opened and Peyton stood at the door, with his jaw to the ground. He walked over to me and he looked me over.

"Kieran sure is one lucky guy to have someone as beautiful as you are right now." Peyton complimented. I smiled and bowed to him in thanks. Peyton held out his arm for me to take. "May I do the honor of escorting you to your prince, milady?" Peyton asked slightly dramatically. I laughed softly and took his arm. "Kieran is already in the ballroom, waiting for you to be announced." I nodded and Peyton just kept eyeing me as though I were the only thing in this world that he wanted to protect. I felt safe, but not secure like I did with Kieran. Once we got to the door, Peyton knocked on it to let the announcers know that I had arrived. A flick of panic set through my body and I felt a little sick. I looked over at Peyton, who could see my worried expression. "You'll be okay. All you need to do is walk down the stairs and Kieran will be right at the bottom to meet you. That is the hardest part, I promise." He told me. I felt a little better, until the doors opened. It was too late to turn back now. I walked up to the center of the balcony that overlooked the ballroom full of people.

"Miss Talia Mei Kuro!" The announcer spoke loudly. I held my breath and stood up straight and carefully walked down the stairs. I almost tripped a few times since I'm not used to wearing high heels. I looked down the stairs and there he was. My handsome prince, waiting for me to join him on the dancefloor. Kieran's hair was slicked back, but still had a few pieces hanging in his face. He wore a black suit with a soft pink tie that matched the corset of my dress. When he saw me all dressed up, his eyes hinted a gleam of red as he smiled proudly. I could see the maid, Ren, from earlier with a surprised look on her face. Almost angry and jealous, yet I could tell that she realized that you can't take me away from Kieran. He loves me too much. Kieran took me into his arms and led me out onto the ballroom floor. He smiled brightly at me and looked lovingly into my eyes.

"You look stunning, Talia." He said before kissing my forehead.

"You as well." I smiled at him, holding his hand. A few people whispered about us. Asking each other if I was the one Kieran was marrying, or some hate comments about me coming from nothing and only wanting Kieran for the gold. I shook the hate off and paid more attention to Kieran than anyone. I was pretty shy around those who wanted to meet me, but thankfully, Kieran did most of the talking for me. Suddenly, a mother and her daughter who was about the age of seven came up to us. The mother seemed very proper and put together. The daughter seemed very happy and energetic. The mother bowed to Kieran and I and made the little girl do the same. We bowed back slightly and the little girl smiled brightly at me.