It had been a week since my awakening. I hadn't had any real urges to drink blood, but I was still constantly thirsty. I found that drinking coconut water gives me close to the same satisfaction as blood does. I also found out that coconut water could be used for an emergency blood transfusion. I guess that explains it. Kieran had been helping me pack up most of my things to move. I had already told Kaya and my second family or... third family?... I don't know. Anyways, I told them about leaving the country and they were sad, but understood since they knew that I was in a little bit of trouble with some people and was hiding in America.

At my house, I stacked the two boxes and bags that I was actually bringing with me to Japan, as well as the boxes that I was giving away to donations. Kieran had left for two days and then came back during the week to help me pack. I walked over to Kieran, who was making lunch in the kitchen.

"What are you making?" I asked him. Kieran looked over his shoulder at me and smirked. His hands were dyed red.

"Cutting up a pomegranate. It's good for your blood. I'm also making sandwiches for when we ship all of our stuff overseas and we don't have homemade food." He told me. "We're going to need to stock up on groceries until we move." I nodded in agreement.

"Can I help?" I asked him pleadingly. He nodded and threw a bag of bread at me. I caught it and smiled before getting to work. "Kaya wants to have us over for dinner tonight. She has food for us to bring home too." I said.

"Sounds good to me. Our plane leaves at seven in the morning tomorrow." Kieran said. I nodded and drank another sip of coconut water. I turned around to pack the sandwiches as well as some rice cakes that I had made to snack on. I also ate a few of the pomegranate seeds that Kieran was cutting up. Once he was done and I had finished packing up food, Kieran went to wash the dishes while I finished cleaning.

I walked upstairs and got my bag and packed the rest of my carry-on for the plane when I heard Kieran yell in pain from the kitchen. I could immediately smell the copper scent of his blood. I dropped my things and rushed downstairs to see what had happened. As soon as I saw the cut on Kieran's left palm, my eyes glowed red and I had the urge to drink it again. I really didn't want to , but my body was telling me to. Kieran looked like he was in so much pain, but as soon as he saw me, he quickly walked over to me with his wound exposed to me. I stood back and covered my nose so that I wouldn't give into the urge.

"Just a little cut. Nothing to be worried about." Kieran said. He could see that I was clearly holding myself back from hurting him further. My head was throbbing and my stomach wouldn't leave me alone. It was like if I didn't, then I would pass out. Instead, Kieran just kept on getting closer to me with every step I took back.

"Kieran, please step away. I don't want to hurt you even more than you already are." I said shakily. I stepped back only to have my back hit the wall. Kieran put his hand up to my nose.

"Talia. You've been living off of coconut water for a week and two days. You need to drink real blood or else you will just keep losing control. You need to build a sense of control while you have these impulses." He said. "Right now, I'm the only one capable of helping you with that." I looked at him, terrified of hurting him even more. I knew that getting bit by a vampire and turning into one was a myth at this point. Even if it weren't, Kieran wouldn't be affected by it. I stared at him and slowly brought my hand down from my nose and under his bloody hand.

"I really don't want to do this." I whined with tears in my eyes. Kieran took his other hand and pet the side of my head so that I would calm down.

"Think of it this way. By sucking the blood from the wound, you would be helping me by getting rid of any threat of infection." He told me. That did make me feel a bit better about it. I calmed down to try and better control my hunger. I held his hand and brought it up to my mouth before taking a lick of the metalic, sweet, blood. As soon as I swallowed the blood, my instincts kicked in and I lost control again. I bit down on his already deep wound, causing him to wince in pain. I was surprised that he didn't scream this time. I bit him for what seemed like hours for me, when really, after Kieran had injected me with the syringe, it had only been three minutes. I fell into his arms and he caught me one handed. I felt weak, yet I was a little proud of myself for holding back as long as I could. I stared at Kieran and the wound that I had caused to be more painful. I took his hand and stumbled over to the couch. I tripped over myself a few times, waiting for the effects of Kieran's blood to kick in and make me feel stronger.