Cute

Lin woke later than usual. Sunlight poured through the partially open blinds of her bedroom. She took in a deep breath, relishing in the morning's tranquility. She considered drifting back to sleep; she had the day off, after all. Not to mention her limbs were entangled with Kya's, making it nearly impossible to slip out from under her girlfriend. 

Lin took in Kya's sleepy form: her silver hair sprawled out across the pillow, her arm stretched over Lin's chest, one uncovered foot hanging off the edge of the bed. The scene caused the corners of Lin's lips to curl upwards and her chest to fill with warmth. She took a mental picture, wanting to remember how happy she felt at this moment. 

But her hunger betrayed her. Once again, the loud grumbling coming from her midsection threatened to wake Kya. That ice cream did not hold me over. 

Slowly, very slowly, Lin began to untangle herself from the arms of her lover and the bedsheets. Once freed, she made her way to the kitchen and began preparing breakfast. She quietly removed a frying pan from the cabinet below the stove top and removed a carton of eggs from the fridge. Omelets seemed like the move; full of protein and customizable to her and Kya's liking. 

Kya stumbled into the kitchen while she yawned sleepily and rubbed at her eyes. When she had wiped the slumber from her face, she found Lin grinning.

"Goodmorning," Lin said softly, her eyes never leaving Kya's.

"What are you staring at, Cheif?"

Lin turned back to the counter, pouring Kya a cup of Jasmine tea. "Nothing, you're just...cute"

Kya blushed, "Oh, so I've been demoted."

Lin's eyes widened, "What?! No! Of course not!"

Kya placed a soft hand on Lin's arm, "I'm just teasing. But last night you said I was hot and now I'm only cute," she giggled.

Lin walked across the room to the small table Kya had taken a seat at, placing her omelet in front of her, "I personally don't think cute is a demotion. I think they're equals."

"Oh really?" Kya said as she shoved her face full of food. She was also starving from the previous night's activities.

"Yes, really," Lin took the seat across from her and snapped open the morning newspaper.

"How so?"

"Did calling you hot make you blush?"

"Yes?"

"Did calling you cute make you blush?"

Kya's lips formed a tight smile, "You're right," she said quietly.

Lin's eyes peered at her from over the paper, "What was that? I didn't hear you."

Kya rolled her eyes, "I said you're right."

"That is something I never thought I would hear," Lin chuckled. "How did those words taste?"

"Like vinegar!!" Kya ripped the newspaper from Lin's hands and started playfully swatting her with it. 

After a few minutes of rough housing, the two women settled down and finished their meal happily. 

---------------------------------------------------------

The day had passed slowly and sweetly. A day off gave Lin a chance to rest, but she was content to just be spending time with Kya. Around mid-afternoon, Lin lazily suggested that they go out for dinner, and Kya jumped at the idea. 6 o'clock was now rolling around, and Lin was patiently waiting for Kya to finish getting ready. The cheif stood in a pair of black slacks with a fitted white button down. The outfit was adorned with a dark green blazer. In total, it had taken Lin 15 minutes to get showered and dressed, but Kya had been in the bathroom for over an hour. 

"Kya, come on," Lin spoke through the door.

"Give me a few minutes. I'm not ready yet."

Lin groaned, "You said that 15 minutes ago. I'm sure you look great, let's go."

Kya responded with silence. Defeated, Lin turned away from the door to go sit on the bed. When she turned back toward the bathroom, her eyes met cerulean ones. 

Kya stood in the doorframe, her hair flowing down her shoulders. Lin's mouth was agape at the sight. She took in the form fitting white dress, along with the slit going from mid-thigh down to the floor.  Kya's lips were painted a bright red and Lin found herself staring at them.

Finally, Lin stood. She grabbed Kya by the wrist and pulled her into a deep kiss. She pulled away slightly, and her lips traveled to Kya's chin, neck, and collarbone, where she placed gentle kisses. In between each one, she whispered, "Worth. The. Wait."

Kya moaned, signaling her pleasure, but as Lin moved back towards her lips, the waterbender pushed her away softly. "Sorry Chief, but if you kiss me like that again you're gonna ruin my lipstick, and then I'll have to get ready all over again."

Lin reluctantly pulled back, "Fine, let's go to dinner then. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can come home and I can undress you."

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I was gone for so long, but I'm back now!! 

More kyalin content on the way :)