Mr. Lee

Thisbe went to school's parking lot with pounding heart and teary eyes.

She saw the policemen together with the man whom they assumed to be from a university trying to scout Navi.

But Thisbe doubt the strange man really came to scout her brother. Whenever she has a bad feeling, it always turns out to be right.

When Thisbe saw the strange man was about to ride on a separate car from the policemen, she decided to confront the man.

She ran fast towards the man who's just about to hop on his car.

Though trembling with fear, she managed to yell in order for the man to notice her.

"Mr!" she yelled breathlessly.

The man then shifted his attention to Thisbe who is now just a few steps closer.

The man smiled earnestly at her, but she can't really return the same curve in his mouth. Thisbe felt frantic towards the strange man. She hates his smile. She hates everything about him.

"I'm very sorry for interrupting you, but there's something I'm eager to ask." Thisbe tried her best to sound polite, though she evidently knew her tone sounded rude.

"You're not from a university trying to scout my brother, are you?"

"I never said I am." He chuckled and reached out his hand to Thisbe saying, "I'm Mr. Lee. I'm an acquaintance of your parents. I'm here to help your brother get out from the mess he made."

"If that's all you wish to know, then I should excuse myself. Your brother must be waiting for me at the precinct." Mr. Lee smirked and turns his back against her.

"The mess my brother made? Or mess you made him do? I saw my brother gave you that flash drive at the coffee shop." She blurted out, "If there's something bad happened to my brother..." She said with a pounding heart, palm full of sweats.

Mr. Lee move one step back and closed his car door angrily.

His back is all she can see but she clearly knew he was furious.

Mr. Lee slowly turned to face Thisbe with a blank face and she find that daunting. He stared at her and suddenly laughed like an evil witch.

"I've never been threatened like this for how many years now..." Mr. Lee looked down for a moment and shifted his eyes to the young girl saying, "7 years to be exact."

It seemed like a cold wind suddenly passed through.

Thisbe can't exactly pin point what he's trying to say but she find it creepy. Frightening, rather.

"I'm not an enemy. I'm here to help. I'm here to do something your deceased and useless father failed to do."

"Why are you suddenly bringing my father into this conversation? WHO ARE YOU?"

"You.. surely are just like your father. Your father and I were great friends back then." Teasing the young girl and seeing how hard she's trying just to hide her fear, he felt satisfied.

"I saw the content of the flash drive my brother handed to you that day at the coffee shop! I'll report you to the pol..." She couldn't finish her statement because the man suddenly grabbed her shoulder with his face closer to her ears.

"Do it. Just make sure you DO IT before you fall into your own pit, poor girl." He whispered right to her ears. His hands getting tighter that made Thisbe feel pain on her shoulder.

Thisbe tried to set free herself but she can't, not until the man shrug her off to the ground like dirt.

As the man turns his back at her once again, she felt anger. She just wanted to pick up the stone beside her and just smack it right at the back of his head, but before she could even do that, the man has spoken once again.

"This is a no- win situation for you and your brother. Without me, you're all nothing. I'm here to protect your brother at all cost. I can't just give it free, you know. I need something in return. "

Mr. Lee hopped on his car leading his way to the precinct where they took Navi.