Escape

Legs feeling numb and head bursting in pain like a ground being drilled by a bulldozer, Thisbe succeeded with her escape running like a drank teenager around the hospital.

Thisbe didn't care whether the people around her would think she's stupid. Her mind and vision may be in haze and not on good condition right now but she can clearly hear and feel what her heart wants. She's never been a type of person who easily surrenders with this kind of physical discomfort, and there's no one she can offer her loyalty but her heart.

Aside from that, she's a type of person who thinks deceiving your heart is nothing different to a person living a false life. So, when things get out of hand, confused on what to do, just seek for your heart.

Thisbe heard her mother's footsteps, running breathlessly while shouting her name that echoed the hallway. She wanted to keep going but when she felt her knees were about to betray her, she leaned at the wall for a second and continued running, her hand still touching the wall to prevent herself from falling.

Despite all the effort she inserted to keep going, her body, unfortunately, gave up.

She can feel the gravity pulling her stone- like heavy body to the ground. She badly wants to fight it but all of a sudden she felt... powerless.

Thisbe shuts her eyes tightly and took a long inhale. She's just waiting for her body to drop dead on the ground, preparing herself for the pain she was about to feel. But all of her worries came to nothing because someone was able to catch her numbing body.

For a moment, everything felt surreal. Thisbe felt like she's dreaming, she knew she's awake but can't move her entire body.

She can feel her entire body stinging in pain; pins and needles stuck in her heart making it painful for her to breathe but... It would be nice if this was all just a dream. She thought.

Thisbe can hear footsteps gather around her and just before she noticed, she now back at her ward.

"Thisbe?" A familiar figure rose up from her chair just beside her hospital bed. "Thisbe, are you okay?" She can sense the concern from the voice where it came from.

It was Athena.

Thisbe didn't expect that she'd be visiting her at this situation. They just got acquainted recently, but that's not really what's important. She shrugs the thought and rose up from the bed.

Grabbing Athena's hand desperately, "You need to help me get out of here and meet Ken!" Looking directly at Athena's perfectly rounded eyes, "I need to talk to him."

Athena broke her contact with Thibe's, shifting her head slightly to the side, "I can't help you with that. Ken's already having a very difficult time dealing with everything that happened."

"I know! That's why I wanted to talk to him! I can't let him deal with this alone!" she exclaimed.

"Look! You're being selfish right now. If you think talking to him will give him some sort of comfort, well you might really have a twisted mind 'cuz you're wrong. It would be a torture!"

Thisbe wanted to disagree with Athena but she found no words that would oppose Athena because everything she said was true.

Thisbe felt silent. She felt like the world had just shut its door from her. Tears started fall down once again.

Starting to fix her bag, ready to leave, "You don't even deserve cry. You just killed a man because of your selfishness. Everyone knew how you recklessly run into fire to save you father's picture. Now, don't make the same mistakes ever again. Leave Ken alone." Athena said in aggravated tone.