Untitled Part 12

Chapter 12

The next day, Thisbe didn't actually wake up since she wasn't able to get a wink of sleep last night. Up all night, crying silently, she spends all her time blaming herself from everything that happened.

If she didn't complain with their status in life back then, maybe Navi wouldn't be forced to obey his evil father.

If she just swallowed her pride and never asked her mother to stop working as housekeeper, and find a job abroad, maybe.. maybe her mom would refuse the offer of Mr. Lee to migrate.

If she just kept silent when she saw how cruel and wicked Mr. Lee is, maybe he would think of putting the entire building on fire...

... and no one will have to sacrifice a precious life.

She kept thinking about these thoughts all night without a rest.

At some point, she wished she could just doze off from the tiredness she's feeling right now but no matter how tired her eyes can be, she can't afford to sleep. She didn't even deserve it. Ken must be suffering right now, and so must she.

When she realized that Navi has gone somewhere and her mom was at the bathroom, she plotted an escape again and this time, she make sure to not get caught again.

No matter how sharp and true Athena's words left her, it won't budge her. Her heart keeps telling her Ken needs her right now.

Despite her whole body aching like it has been smashed hardly by the wall, she left the ward without having anything with her. Not even money or her phone. She just realized how careless and foolish she was the moment she had a glimpse of the road where big cars are passing by, polluted air that made her almost choked and the blinding rays of the sun that could toast her skin if stayed there for too long.

Thisbe boldly walked through the rummaging streets still wearing an ocean blue hospital gown. Running out of breath due to suffocating smoke, she continuously taps her chest with a closed tight fist.

Once she found her way out of the crowded street, Thisbe took a long inhale, now that air seems to be less polluted. Though she's free from swarming of people, her knees seems like it lost all of its power as it fell down to the ground. Good thing, there's not much people from the alleyway she's currently at.

She took her time in catching her breath and when she felt that she could now go on, she lifted her head slightly and saw a man standing not a little far from her but still enough for her to notice. It was not moving at all so she supposed it must be watching her.

She didn't what to do. Should she look up? What if he's a criminal? There's no one to seek refuge to, since the alleyway was currently empty. Should she just run away? Of course, not. Her legs are not on its very best condition, she'd probably caught right away.