Nightmare

Chapter 8

Almost half an hour later, a familiar suit came out of the building, carrying a girl with him.

Ken stood straight up as soon as he saw someone was about to come, his heart nearly bursting due to his nervousness.

The moment he saw Thisbe, he expects that a bag of stone will be lifted from his shoulders. That's what he's supposed to feel, at least.

But there's only one firefighter who emerged from the scene.

Ken felt horrible for the firefighter who volunteered, since he knew that that man has a son... a family, but... he hope that the person under that mask would be his father.

It would sound selfish but, he wouldn't know how to handle this situation if it was his father whom he'll lose.

With an aching heart, palm full of cold sweat, he's starting to feel dizzy as the firefighter started to remove his helmet first, and then the hood and finally the mask.

He fell on his knees.

He can't see everything clearly now that his eyes were flowing with heavy tears.

The firefighter removes his mask and there, he wept.

At first he thought, his father was a conceited man who just wants to get recognize by everyone. He didn't enter their families company even his mother pleaded for it.

Ken thought that fame and honour was all his father wanted. He's conceited. That's how he sees his father before.

Ken never spoke or open up to his father about his life. It's not like they were mad at each other, they just never connected.

That's mainly the reason why he never understands his father. Why he misunderstands him rather.

He hates himself more than anything else.

He never thought that grief would felt so much like fear.

Ken stood up; he can feel faintness slowly hunting his entire body. It seems like the fiery building was somewhat calling him.

He walked like a drunken man.

He pushed every single person who blocks his way, stumbled couple times but still managed and determined to stand up.

Now he knew and clearly understands what Thisbe was going through that time.

People often say, you can't fully understand how that person's mind runs until you are put on the same shoe. "It was true after all." Ken whispered gravely.

The picture of Thisbe's father was the only thing that relives old memories and connects her with his father. It sparks memories of the deceased. It fills up the missing pieces in her heart.

Now he fully understands.

------------------------------------
What was the most precious thing you received so far?

How can you say that that thing is precious to you?

If you're in a situation like Thisbe, where in the only thing that can connect you to your love one was thrown at the sea, will you drive and conquer the sea to get that thing?

If not, why?