Chapter Two: Close As Strangers

lalalalalalalalala

I'm SUPER sorry that it's late but so much stuff has been happening lately :P I'll try to be better at it and get my s*it together, I make no promises on update times though.

In the hospital waiting room, I continue waiting for any nurse or doctor to come in and say that Niall would be alright. I had been sitting there for nearly twenty minutes, but nothing has changed.

"Agnes?" My brother's voice fills the room. I glance up from my lap to see everyone at the doorway. "Come here." Without objecting, I walk straight into his arms, and he protectively pulls me into his chest, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"I'm sorry." I force out, feeling like a small child in his arms, no matter how much I needed him to do this.

"Don't be sorry, Ag." Louis murmurs against my hair. "It's not your fault, ok? No one is mad at you and I'm always going to be here."

"Louis?" I ask.

"Hmm?" He hums.

"I need you." I whisper.

"I need you too." Louis says before kissing my head. After about ten minutes, I've calmed down enough to begin talking to everyone, only with Louis holding onto my hand.

"Hey, Ag." Liam smiles over at me with a baby in his arms. In fact, Harry also had a baby and so did Eleanor. What the heck had I missed?!

"Hi..." I trail off. "What have I missed?"

"Zayn and Hannah are engaged, Liam and Danielle had Charlie, and Louis and Eleanor had their baby Brooklyn." Harry explains.

"What about your baby?" I ask and immediately, his face falls. "What?" Harry gives her to Riley before sprinting out of the room. "I didn't mean to upset him."

"Theresa was Jami and his baby. A month after she was born, Jami was in a plane crash that killed her, and so Harry was left with her. He loves her more than life itself, but he doesn't know how to take care of her properly. As far as we know, she has no real parents right now." Zayn explains and I frown, glancing over to see the small child wrap her hand around Riley's finger.

"l'll go talk to him." Riley announces then walks out of the room with Theresa. I sigh, laying my head against Louis' shoulder.

"I know nothing." I whisper.

==========================================================

*Riley's POV*

Walking into the airport, I know exactly where Harry is. I continue pushing the stroller with Theresa in it until we come to gate D, where Jami was supposed to come out of so many weeks ago.

Harry was sitting in a chair, his legs tucked against his chest as he stared out the window as if he was looking for her.

"Harry..." I trail off.

"Don't." He snaps.

"She's dea-"

"She said she'll meet me here." He cuts me off.

"It's been three months since the plane cra-"

"Jami never breaks a promise." Harry blurts out.

"Harry, I don't want to leave you in such a horrible state, but I can't keep doing this if you're going to be miserable all the time. You seem to love missing her more than you love me." I try to explain. "I love you, Harry, but we both need a break." He doesn't say anything, he just keeps staring out the window. "Should I leave Theresa with you or take her back with everyone else?"

"Take her back." Harry croaks. I sigh before taking her back and going home, the place I haven't been since Harry and I met that one day in the bar.

*Agnes' POV*

A panting nurse suddenly busts through the door, looking as if she had just run a thousand miles. "I need Agnes and Louis Tomlinson now." She breathes out.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks.

"We're having an issue with Niall Horan, we need you two in his room immediately." She explains. The two of us bolt after her as she disappears through the door. Once we've gone around many twists and turns, we finally get to his room.

Inside, Niall was on a bed fighting off three nurses and two doctors. I had never seen him this way and it scared me, but he was screaming our names at the top of his lungs while tears flowed down his face.

We rush to either side of him and I grab onto his hand reassuringly. "Niall?" His blue eyes flutter up to me, freezing in his spot, and the doctors and nurses back away.

"A-Agnes?" He slurs and the absolute pain in his voice brings me to tears.

"Yeah?" I croak then squeeze his hand. I choke on the air I was breathing in, unable to compose myself. "I love you, Niall James Horan."

"I love you, too." Niall says and this only makes it harder, hearing it for the first time in so long. "Come here, Ag." Without hesitation, I lay down beside him and dig my head into his chest, sobbing into him.

"I'm sorry." I force out between tears.

"Don't be sorry." He rubs my back in soothing circles. "I pushed you too hard."

"You didn't push me, I pushed myself, it was too much to handle." I mumble.

"Why did you jump?" He whispers.

"I never realized how much I had until I nearly lost it. I mean, who would have guessed that one day I'd be living my life like normal and the next I'd be...gone? I didn't think anyone cared anymore, I lost everything."

"You didn't lose me, you didn't lose any of us, we're all still here."

"I wasn't here."

"You didn't have to be, I wasn't here after we ended. I think we needed that year in-between to recompose. I'm sorry for leaving you alone like that."

"You shouldn't be sorry because it's not your fault. It started with me getting pregnant and it ended with me jumping off a bridge."

"It started with everyone meeting, Agnes, none of this was because of you."

"Because of me; we're close as strangers."