Chapter Fifteen: Haze

If you would like an explaination as to where I have been all this time, feel free to send me a private message. Updates will be slow until the book is finished.

RECAP:

"Hello, baby!" I cry with a smile, petting her smooth blubber. "Oh my goodness!" I tap her nose and she opens her mouth. Despite Niall's protests, I put my hand in her mouth to touch her rough tongue. The young orca lets out a few long range vocals, as if she was saying goodbye, before swimming back to her pod who seemed to be sticking around the boat.

Eventually, almost all of them made their way over one at a time and we all got to touch at least three of them. This was easily one of the best things I have ever done, and it was over far too soon when they began to swim away.

"I don't even know what to say." I force out, at a loss for words. How could something so majestic and peaceful have a horrible nickname like 'killer whale'?

"We did it, Ag." Louis looks at me with a smile that I return. Resting my elbows on the railing, I watch in awe as the giants swim away.

We must have been standing in silence for about five minutes, but then a large wave hits the boat. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Liam stumble back and Louis falling head-first into the dark water of the sea.

PRESENT TIME:

"LOUIS!" I scream, literally going to jump in, but Niall pulls me back. "No, no, no! Please!"

"F*ck!" Liam shouts before diving in after him. Tears gush out of my eyes as I search frantically for him, but he doesn't even seem to be floating.

"No!" I cry into my hands, trying to muffle my sobs. "Louis!" I rush to the other side of the boat, looking everywhere, but my older brother is nowhere to be seen. "Oh my God, Caleb, don't!" I yell right before he jumps in, too. "This can't be happening!"

Leaning out over the dark water, I go to let go of the railing, but Niall grabs me by the waist and pulls me away. "Don't, I need- I need to save th- them!" I choke out.

"Somebody help!" Somebody surfaces, making my eyes widen. Caleb and Liam were making their way over, struggling to keep Louis' head above water. Dr. Marvin and I help them tug Louis onto the boat whilst Niall runs to start it again.

Once Louis is safe, Liam and Caleb clamber on while we start moving again. I hug the two of them tightly, sobbing uncontrollably as Dr. Marvin tries to revive Louis. Liam turns my head away, refusing to let me look at them and get more upset. I am about to yell at Niall to go faster when everything goes black.

My eyelids heavy, they slowly open and I go to sit up. "Don't move, Agnes, you're losing blood." A voice from above me says, but I can't point out who it is. My vision blurry, I hear gasping and coughing from beside me.

"That's it, Louis." Someone else's voice enters the picture. "Just don't move, there may have been more damage to your brain." Suddenly, I slip out of consciousness once again.

================================================================================

*Niall's POV*

Biting my nails, I stop pacing and look over at Agnes. She didn't need stitches, but the blood just freaked us all out. Dr. Marvin went into X-rays and MRIs and CT scans, but none of them showed anything with Louis. He was just as panicked as we were, so he was currently operating to see if there was any damage.

The thought of him cutting open his head to make sure that there was no change made me physically sick to my stomach. Caleb and Liam were standing as close to the room as they could get, just waiting to hear anything.