Chapter Three: I Want Something Great

So sorry it's late! I'm still trying really hard to get my s*it together, it's starting to peace back together though. I hope that you guys understand, because I'm already feeling terrible.

"Oh, I've missed my baby girl so much!" Niall squawks, lifting June up over his head before kissing her cheek, causing her to burst into giggles.

When he first picked her up out of her car seat at the hospital, she burst into tears. I don't know if it was because she was afraid of him or something, but I can only pray that she remembers him.

"Agnes, you really are the best mum, I can't believe you managed to take care of her on your own." Niall shakes his head in disbelief.

"Somehow." I shrug. "I had some of Ally's help, but I mainly just wanted to be left alone."

"I get it." He nods. "I've really, really missed you, Ag. I wish it could be like this all the time."

"Me too." I sigh.

"What's wrong?" He asks with a frown, turning his attention from June to me.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie.

"I've known you long enough to realize when you aren't 'fine'." He states the obvious.

"Niall, I would love to explain to you what the h*ll is wrong with me, but I don't even know." I tell him and for the first time since I left them, I realize how lifeless my voice was, and it was absolutely gut wrenching. I drop down onto the couch, tears filling up my eyes.

"Lou, can you go put June down to sleep?" 

"Yeah, sure, is everything ok?"

"I'm not sure yet, I'll tell you if I need you, but I want to try myself first."

"Alright, come get me as soon as something goes south though."

"I will."

The couch dips beside me, signalling Niall has sat down too. He puts a hand on my shoulder, not really knowing how to comfort me. "I don't want a pity, Niall." I mutter bitterly.

"It's not, I want to be here for you and I want things to go back to normal between us, even though there is a million and one chances it will happen. I get that we won't be the same, nonetheless, I still care." Niall explains. "What are you feeling, love?"

"I don't know." I choke out, cupping my hand over my mouth to try to keep from crying. "I really don't, I just-" Niall cuts me off by leaving a short but sweet kiss on my lips, then folding his hands on his lap and looking away from me. "Niall?"

"Hmm?" He hums, still refusing to look at me.

"D-do you think I should start therapy?" I stutter. "I think there's something wrong with me."

"There isn't anything wrong with you, Ag, b-but I think therapy would be a good idea." He agrees, grabbing onto my hand and squeezing it. "Don't worry though, I'll be with you."

"Promise?" I croak.

"Promise." Niall replies. I lay my head on his shoulder, a happy sigh escaping my mouth. "Agnes?" I glance up at him with tired eyes, yawning. "Can I ask you something?"

"I never stopped loving you." I blurt out, already knowing his question. I plant a kiss on his cheek then return to my earlier position. "I never will."

=============================================================================

*Liam's POV*