Chapter Seventeen: Give It Time

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END

RECAP:

While the others start handing out pieces of cake, my eyes are glued to my little girl as she uses her hands to stuff cake into her mouth. A smile breaks across my face at the sight of it and I walk over, leaning down to Agnes whilst she takes pictures of the young girl.

"Agnes...?" I ask and she turns to face me.

"Yeah?" She grins.

"I want to have another baby."

PRESENT TIME:

"I love June more than life itself and can't imagine a life without the two of you. I know we were going to wait, but I don't want to. Agnes, can we have another baby?" I ask.

"Hmm.." She hums, tapping on her chin. "Let me think about it. Yes!" A grin immediately plasters onto my face and I grab her waist, pulling her into a kiss. "I love you, Niall."

"I love you, too." I kiss her once more before we both go back to reality, looking around the room full of smiling faces. The only thing that could make it better, is if Louis were here.

TWO WEEKS LATER

*Agnes' POV*

"We're back!" I can't help a large smile from forming across my cheeks when we walk through the door of our house. My face quickly falls and I suddenly realize exactly why Niall wanted June to stay back at Liam's.

Taking a chance to breathe in my surroundings, it smells of alcohol and trash. Empty bottles and cans are covering the floor and are littered around the kitchen and living room. Dishes are piled up in the sink, the bin is overflowing, broken glass is close to covering every inch of the carpet, and tissues are all over the couch.

"Niall..." I trail off, tears heating up my face at the thought of him living like this. "What happened?"

"I couldn't handle you being gone." The blond boy plays with his hands, refusing to glance my way. "Everywhere I looked, you were still there, even when I wasn't drunk. Louis had to come here everyday to check on me, I think we were both surprised I didn't die of alcohol poisoning or something."

"I'm so sorry." I wrap my arms tightly around his torso, squeezing him to me. "I shouldn't have left, I feel terrible."

"Don't feel terrible, Ag. It feels like I've never been without you since the night we met, I didn't know what to do." He replies softly.

"Well, we should get to work." I reluctantly pull away from him and pick up one of the many beer bottles in our house. "I want to sleep in my bed tonight."

"Me too." Niall leaves a short but sweet kiss on my lips before grabbing the trash bags from under the sink.

After a long day of cleaning, washing, changing, and rearranging - the inside of the house almost looks like an entirely different place than before. My poor guy couldn't stand things being the same since we've changed so much, so we moved everything we could into other positions. It nearly felt like we had bought a new house.

Since Eleanor had sold their home, we had to find a place for Louis to stay, so we switched the downstairs office with one of the guest rooms to avoid the trouble of needing to take him up and down the stairs six times a day.

Caleb took up the other room we had, sorting out all his things exactly the way he wanted. He kept everything away from the walls for now since he wanted to repaint it, but it seemed so much more grown up compared to his old bedroom.