{Eight}

It was a beautiful night. Him and I were sitting under our favorite cherry blossom tree. Just looking up at the beautiful night sky and twinkling stars. I remember thinking that tonight is his first night back from the long war that lasted for years. I almost forgot his touch when he'd caress my cheek. Or the way my name rolled off his tongue. I missed him so much. When he first walked through the castle gates I ran into his arms and hugged him like I was never going to let go. I pulled away and kissed him. I kissed him like it was our last. I love this man so much. No one can say otherwise. Later on that day he asked me to meet him under our tree at dark. I agreed and that is how we got here. It has been silent but a comfortable silence. He then moved and stood up and held out his hand for me to grab a hold of. I stood up with his help. And he started to speak. "My love, my light, my everything. I know we have been away from each other these past 4 years. But during my time away from you I realized that I can't live without you. You make me laugh when I cry. Make me happy and filled with glee when furious. So I had a lot of time thinking." He grabbed something from behind his back and got down on one knee. I gasped and had my hand placed over my mouth with tears in my eyes. " I know this isn't very romantic and probably too soon. But I want to be with you, I want to love and hold through it all. I want to marry you and have a family and rule this kingdom with you. So if you are up for it will you have me as your future king and husband, My goddess?" I couldn't find the words to speak so I nodded. He got up and put the ring on my ring finger and I braced him into a very tight hug. "I love you, sugarcup and I always will" And I thought he loved me. I gasped for air. I felt tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Why can't these memories just go away? I couldn't sleep again for the rest of the night. Why am I so weak. You're gone you left. You left me before we even split apart. Why should I even care? Just leave me alone already, Please? It was starting to be morning and like always I got up and got cleaned and got dressed. When I was finished I walked down the stairs to the dining room. I sat at the table and a servant brought me my breakfast. When I was done I called the limo to the driveway. I got into the car and drove off. Telling the rider to go to the hotel. On the way there I had time to think. Why are the memories of my life in the human realm coming back to me? And more specifically Why now? Why after all this time do these memories of mine decide to come back? I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realized that I was already at the hotel. I got out of the limo and knocked on the door. Charlie opened up the door and I walked in and went to sit on the sofa. "Hello princess. I just wanted to come and visit today. I have nothing to do and no one and I mean no one is trying to steal my turf so I guess the plan is going swimmingly. Oh yeah your father and I got into a fight the other day so we aren't talking right now so You guys are my only hope for salvation. What do you say? Wanna hang or are you too busy?" She looked at me and gave a sad smile. "I'm so sorry I wish I could but I swamped hey maybe husk would like to. I mean he does pretty much nothing any day." I turned to husk. "Hey husker would you like to play poker or spades oh maybe even blackjack with me? When you are down here for as long as I have You kind of know a thing or two. So do you?" He looked up at me with a smirk. A cocky one at that. "Sure kid, Let's play poker." I nodded and out of thin air Is what I held in my hand was a deck of cards I set up the game and all that. We played at least 16 rounds and at this point it was a tie. We were now in the final round. "No you do not have a royal flush there is no way kid. You're bluffing." I smirk at him. This guy has no idea how amazing and skilled I am At this game. "Try me fluffball." I know how much he hates being called that. So (Y/N) you are a fucking genious. In the end he folds and I show him my hand. "I never had a royal flush to begin with. I had a trashy hand." He got so mad let me just tell you that. "Nice one Queen titts. You beat him. No one besides Smiles can do that. I'm proud of you." I smiled and high fived him. And then I saw Alastor in the main entrance just came in from. *sniff* Deer hunting. I really do love a strong and independent man er demon. I got up and dusted off my gown. "Yeah well I lived down here for about a millennium. So I learned a thing or two." I walked off towards Al. "Good evening Alastor. May I speak to you? In private please?" he obliged and we went to his room. "Wow I will always be surprised by your way of decorating." I heard him chuckle while shutting the door. "Now what was it you need to speak to me about darling?" I looked up at him and smiled. "Good News you don't have to 'date' me anymore. Everyone is afraid that they won't even come near my turf. So you're off the hook. So what was it that you would like me to do in return my kind sir?" As I was speaking I saw that his smile faltered just a tiny bit. But then regained a big ear to ear grin when he spoke. "In return I would like you to have a real date with me . With a romantic dinner and lighting and everything. I can even pick out a dress for you to wear." I was shocked by that favor but down inside I didn't want to stop this.....Whatever it is now. I nodded my head in agreement. And with that we made plans to meet up tonight. As for he will pick me up. I agreed and went on my way home. For I have a lot of prepping to do.