6- Don't laugh at me

Hi thank you sm for the comments! Comments really do make me happy and motivate me to write so well yeah. Happy reading. 

Saturday 23rd April 00:28 AM

Em: We might have to call an ambulance for Dad

Em: I'm a mess

...

...

...

...

Em: I am sorry I know you're probably asleep and I know I shouldn't just message you whenever and shit but it's dad

*Incoming Call*

"Emersyn, hey, hey, what's going on?"

"August."

"Em, hey. Take a deep breath."

"He's ok now, I think, we think, I just- he couldn't catch his breath and then Mum said about calling an ambulance and I just- the fucking fear and I tried to hold it together because like we have Rhett here and he's scared but I just-"

"Okay, breathe."

"God I'm sorry."

"No it's fine, are you sure your dad's okay? I am almost at Rayne's- sorry I was driving- I can come and pick him up, take him to the hospital if he needs-"

"No, the doctor said he's okay. Dad said it was just a little moment. Like he's back ok now I think."

"I thought he was getting better?"

"Me too. He just went downhill this afternoon and then this evening he was saying he felt really bad again and then he text mum saying he couldn't breathe and then-"

"I know, I hear you. You need to breathe. Where's Rhett?"

"He's in his bedroom."

"Tell me about him."

"He's their fourth foster child."

"Fourth? Shit. Ha I remember the second, that's all."

"Layla."

"Yeah, that was her name."

"He's eleven, scared, he got pulled out by social before this was happening, now he just wants to know like how his siblings are, but we can hardly get hold of the social worker because, apparently, lockdown equals more child abuse cases."

"Shit."

"Yeah. But he's okay, an alright kid to be honest, very quiet. He likes mum. He doesn't really know Dad because Dad's been isolating."

"Where are you now?"

"Front room."

"Where's your mum?"

"In with dad."

"Is the protecting herself Em?"

"She has a mask on I think, I don't know, we were both worried."

"Okay, well you want me to call her? See what's going on?"

"Where are you? You still driving?"