28- What do you mean by this?

HI HAPPY READING- it's 04:31 AM here please leave me good comments to wake up to:)

love u lots- happy reading.

Tuesday 30th May

"Why don't you remember." I roll my eyes, sending Rayne a severe annoyed look as Saw rumbles around the flat for paper and like pencils or pens.

"Because it's a memory you have, it's not a memory I have." Rayne says and I rub my forehead.

"I am just trying to remember what she drew me. I don't have a clue."

"Then just draw something else?"

"Nah it has to be a recreation."

"Call Nove? Maybe she will remember?" Rayne says and I wince.

I don't want to be an asshole but if I call Nove, I will be stuck on the phone with Emersyn's mother for years and there is no telling when Em will wake up.

It's been a few hours already. I just want her to wake up to the picture as an apology. It's already Tuesday.

She goes in five days.

Christ.

I wonder if her parents know where she is.

Do they need to know?

I guess not. She's a grown adult, they wont-

It's Cole and Nova, they worry.

Ok.

I decide to press on Cole's contact name, thinking it might be easier and he greets me with a bright cheerful hi.

"Hey." I laugh. "You good?"

"Yup, I am being painted."

"Oh..." I say carefully. "By Nove?"

"Yup, marriage time is commencing- so what's up?"

Right ok.

"I was calling to tell you Em is here."

"I gathered as much." Cole says. "Make sure she lets us know before she returns, we are-"

"I don't need to know. and She's asleep."

"Oh right, is she staying?"

"I'm not sure, she went for a nap three hours ago. She's soundo. But I thought I'd call to let you know."

"Alright, cheers August. You good?"

Was that... nonchalance over the fact Emersyn was asleep in my bed...?

"Yeah I am good."

"Great. Mate, I am busy so-"

"Ah wait." I say quickly. "You remember that drawing Emersyn did for me? When we were kids? I was cruel, um I-"

"Teared it up?" He says.

"Yeah."

"What about it?"

"Do you remember what it was off?"

"Why?"

"Don't take the piss- I am trying to recreate it. Rayne and Saw are helping."

"I don't really remember August. But she definitely doesn't either so it doesn't really matter."

Cole gets interrupted by November's voice and I listen to the quietness on the other end.

"Nove seems to believe it was a lion. I don't know. but you should go for that."

"Okay. Thanks."