18- You feel it too, huh?

Hi leave comments for me to enjoy in the morning pleaseeeee.

I still am not sure which topic to tackle through Lottie's story. Not for Lottie, I know her character and her story. But For another character- i was thinking about OCD or schizophrenia, but i am not unsure on either hahahaa.

Anyway happy reading!!

Monday 21st May

"Hey." Em says getting back in the car. She huffs, pulling the mask down off her nose and she rummages through her bag. "That lady was having a really bad day, and like I get it, honestly I felt it, but she was so mean."

"What happened?"

She lifts her mask back over her nose covering it. "Sorry." She mumbles. "I forget."

"It's okay."

She just shakes her head. "And nothing, the cashier was just having a bad day and it was sad."

I smile slightly at that.

"Did you manage to get everything?"

"Yeah." She says. "Did you?"

I nod and Em flicks her eyes to mine, then she grabs her bag and leans close to me, turning in her seat to place her bag in the back.

I move back slightly, my eyes flicking down to her skin, it was close. I look away and she mumbles another sorry for coming so close.

We'd spent the morning together. Doing the first lot of deliveries.

"You know, it doesn't have to be so awkward Em."

She looks at me, and she sighs, smiling. "You feel it too huh?"

What exactly is she referring to?

I raise an eyebrow.

She gives me a small, amused grin. "It's always slightly awkward at like the start and then it fades but like, why is it awkward?"

I shrug. We had spent the day going this, going to the shop, dropping off shopping to those who needed it most. It had been a laugh, actually, just chill.

She's utterly organised everything. Yesterday we talked on the phone about doing it properly, she put up a Facebook post. Today we had ten people we had to deliver to. Emersyn had it all organised in her little folder, names, shopping lists, addresses.

It was actually really enjoyable. I hadn't really done something like this before. Emersyn however seems to be an expert.

Anyways I shrug. "Guess we're both still not used to seeing each other."

She nods a little. "You recon it'll get less weird?"

I shake my head. "Probably not."

Em laughs. "August."

I just start driving, heading towards Mrs Bligh's road. "I just mean, I think there's too much history."

She looks at me. "Too much?"

I feel her eyes on the side of my head, watching, looking.

"Not in a bad way. It doesn't feel awkward, awkward. Just- you're a stranger but not at all a stranger you know? I think that's why it's just slightly weird when we spend time together."

"It didn't feel strange this morning." She says.

The sun wasn't beaming through the car and highlighting your features and freaking neckline this morning.

It was edging to six o'clock and the sun was low, golden.

"It doesn't feel strange now." I reassure.