25- How many stars to get you to love me again?

Hi! 

Sunday 27th May

"I hate you."

"Lottie." I sigh, dragging a hand over my eyes.

Did I come home? Lie down on the outside couch and fall asleep? Yep. Then I was woken up with Lottie walking outside, seeing me and mum chilling and then her being very unimpressed by my presence.

"I don't know why you're here August."

I deadpan at her. "Go and get your maths books-"

"No." She whines, looking to mum. "I have done three hours of studying today, I deserve my break."

"Lottie you worked from nine to midday, you've already had an hour break, and plus, if you were at school right now you would be doing a lot longer days."

"I have Tea at-"

"No you don't." Mum says, her arms slowly crossing over her chest as she gives Lottie the look.

Lottie fakes a sob and walks back inside to, I hope, get her books and Mum laughs, looking at me.

Tea was theatre I think, that's what she meant. She has it online for the moment I think, I don't know.

I sit up from the couch and move to sit at the table with Ivy, rubbing my eyes as I try to stifle a yawn.

"Late night?" Ivy asks, leaning across the table and nudging to me packet of candy she was eating.

I shrug. "I didn't get much sleep and then Em and I were up early doing deliveries. Sorry I fell asleep."

"Oh no, it was nice, watching you sleep."

I look at her, she just shrugs. "I am your mother; I am allowed to watch you sleep."

I smile at that. "Where's Jackson?"

"Out, he's meeting the kid he sponsors for a socially distanced walk."

"Ah okay." I say looking back towards the house. "You recon she's coming back down?"

"Yeah, she pretends not to want you here, but she wants the help."

I nodded at that, looking at mum and I sort of wonder whether to ask for advice. She would just get excited. She wouldn't hear the words I say, just what she wants to hear. She always wanted the Emersyn thing.

"So you and Alessia are over then huh?"

I try not to laugh at the curious tone she has. I look at her, her hair was up out of her face, a jumper over her arms even though the sun was high, she was doing some paperwork before Lottie came down to interrupt my sleeping.

"Yeah."

"You haven't heard from her?"

"Er, I have." I say. "Occasional phone calls, she moved home temporarily, she hates it."

My mum looks at me. "Are you two definitely over?"

I nodded.

Yes.

Christ. Of course.

"Why mum?"

She shrugs. "Oh, I don't know, I like to know what is going on in your life. I thought this Alessia was going to be a constant."

I nodded. "Well things don't always work out."

"Mmm..." She hums.

"What are you not asking?" I laugh, reaching down to grab the pad of paper I brought for me to explain shit to Lottie on.