CHAPTER 1 PT1 | MEET-UP

Hey. My name is Asian Allen. I'm 19 years old. I was born and raised in Texas, I was abused by my step father. And loved by my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa and more. After my step father passed away, my family has changed. When he was here, they didn't know I was being abused until I told them. Then the day I told him is the day he died. He got shot btw. Life hasn't been the same, so I decided to move by myself. I moved to Chicago.

Siri told me Chicago was one of the worst cities, but I didn't care. I moved here, and now I'm in my apartment. I bought it yesterday the day I moved here. I am now sitting in my bed texting my best friend, Kaylyn. Kaylyn told me Chicago was bad too, but like I said I didn't care, btw Kaylyn lives in Texas like I did. I was feeling bored, so I decided to get up and go for a walk. I walk on 63rd Street.

I then see 3 men standing beside me out of nowhere. I don't know where they come from. They had guns in their hands, so I ran. They chased after me. Before I know it, I bump into someone. We both fall, and I end up on 64th Street as I looked up. I got up and then I heard sirens. I took a run for it. I run around a corner. Then I hear someone running behind me. I try to run again, but they grab my arm and they turn me around.

I looked up at the guy and he was rlly hot. He had blonde/brown dreads and he was buff ash. He looked me up and down and I licked my lips. "Hey baby girl, what you doing out here?"
He said. I laughed. "Idk what am I doing here? I mean somehow I saw a plane and got on it and got here " I laughed again. "Well I mean, no duh. " he said. "My name DayVon btw but you can call me Von" . "ok" I mumbled. Von laughed at me.

We both smiled at each-other. He grabbed my hand and started walking me to his car. "What are you doing?" I said to him, nervously. " Don't be scared, babygirl I'm just getting you out of here. Ur lucky ur seeing the good side of me" He said. I mumbled to myself. "He has a bad side? Oh great" . He laughed at me and he put me in the front seat and he jumped in. He started driving to these apartments which one of them was mine. He then gets out the car and stares at me. I look at him confused...