Chapter - 17

Hello Fam :)

I am sorry there were so many interruptions. I was unwell, and the project work due to which this chapter took a lot of time. Glad I could complete it by today. 

Happy Valentines Day :)

Happy Reading...

It was Sunday and Cabir had the whole itinerary planned for the day. He woke up early in the morning instead of sleeping in, got ready, and asked the butlers if they had the popcorn and the snacks ready. He scrolled through the movies and videos he had selected after coming from the office the previous night. When he went to the breakfast table, he couldn't help but roll his eyes at the two idiots who were stealing glances at each other when the other one wasn't looking.

They had been oblivious idiots since their college days and everyone in the college except them could see them falling in love. Four years later, the situation hasn't improved. Instead of college, they were at their home, and instead of being the head couple, they were real-life partners now. Back then, their friends had decided that forcing them would only push them apart but right now, Cabir has had enough. If he wouldn't do anything now, he would have to watch an Indian television series which would drag until he is all wrinkly and struggling to walk. But Cabir is more interested in a short story or even the recent trend of the web series. Hence, as a self-appointed cupid, he gave himself the liberty to jump in their story.

He pulled a chair, dragging it and making a huge noise to get the attention of the people there. Along with his target couple, it brought a glare from his mother too. He grinned apologetically. The sacrifices he was making for these two. Instead of being his usual chattering self, he sat down quietly, mentally going through the points of his argument. That along with the lack of a food pile on his plate might have felt strange to Nyonika.

"Kid, are you sick?", she asked him.

Cabir shook his head. "I am on a diet today", he answered.

"I doubt", muttered Manik.

Ever since their discussion about the divorce, he might or mightn't have troubled Manik with his passive-aggressive arguments. At first, Manik was confused and thought he had hurt him but because he was one smart idiot, he figured out the actual reason behind Cabir's behavior. Since then, he just said he did whatever he had felt right, and ignored Cabir, his only baby brother. Anyways, Cabir wasn't bothering about it. He had higher goals to reach and he was a busy person. Hence, ignoring Manik, he answered his mom. "I will have my food later. Today we are having Bhabhi-Devar time." It was perfect because Manik had a meeting with the Vardhans and since Nyonika was interested, she was accompanying him.

"Listen, the last time we had a 'time together', you started a food fight. I don't want mom to finally throw me out of the house this time", said Nandini.

Cabir glared at her. Wasn't he planning all this for her? He took several breathes to calm himself down and threw in a sweet smile at her. "Nandini, she has been giving the same threat to me since I was 15." This time it was Nyonika who glared at him. Why does everyone hate him in the family? He raised his hands in surrender. "No, mom. We aren't playing with food today."

His mother rolled her eyes. "Do whatever you want but please keep my house in one piece", she said and glanced at her watch. "Manik, are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I will get the file from my room", said Manik.

Nyonika gave another warning to her younger son and left the house. Cabir threw a sweet smile to Nandini and pulled her towards the living room. After sitting down, he threw a hand around her shoulders and whispered something into her about their day's schedule, glancing at Manik's reaction through the corner of his eyes when he returned from his room. When Manik cleared his throat, Cabir smirked. "Yes, what can we do for you, Mr. Malhotra?"