Chapter - 11

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

It had been two weeks since they found the medical reports. Nandini was confused. There were times when she was scared and didn't know the reason, there were days when she knew she was supposed to be scared but she didn't feel like it, and then there were days when it was so mixed up that she wanted to take a drug or two. One night when she confessed it to Manik, ashamed, and somewhat scared, he smiled at her.

It's okay if you want to take it. What matters is if you are actually taking it or not. And I will make sure you won't. I promise, Nandini. You aren't going anywhere close to the person they wanted you to be.

She believed him. Manik had never promised something he wasn't capable of fulfilling. She trusted him and hence, it came as a surprise when she saw her company papers at the bedside table upon waking up. She didn't know how he did get a hand on them that were confidential in Murthy Industries. It was only two hours later when she actually read them that she realized the significance of the papers and Nandini saw red. She needed to talk to Manik.

She grabbed the papers into a file and stormed out of her room. Nandini found Nyonika in the living room on her way. "I want to meet Manik", she announced.

"Nandini, are you okay?", asked Nyonika.

Nandini gritted her teeth. It wouldn't do her any good to scream at Nyonika Malhotra. "I want to go wherever the hell is your son", she said. She didn't know if it was rude and she was too mad to change her tone.

"Ask the driver outside, kid. He would drop you", she said.

Nandini left without a word.

XXX

She had never been to Malhotra Industries. It was out of bounds initially but after meeting Manik, it became untouchable. She needed to keep her distance to keep Manik safe from her parents. It had only dawned upon her after reaching the entrance of the company that she didn't know where Manik would be. In her hurry, she hadn't bothered to take her mobile with her. Using a phone was still strange and she needed time to get used to it.

Nandini sighed before making her way to the reception. "Can I meet Manik?", she asked.

The receptionist was surprised but covered it with a smile. "Ma'am, do you have an appointment?", she asked.

Nandini shook her head. Why didn't she bring her mobile with her?

"Sorry, ma'am. Manik sir is too busy to meet anyone without an appointment. We have strict orders", said the girl. "If you want, I can try for an appointment for tomorrow's date."

Nandini leaned forward. "I don't think Manik Malhotra needs an appointment to meet his wife." She turned around when someone clapped their hands. It was probably the break time since there were people gathered around. She took a few breaths. They were Manik's people. They wouldn't harm her, she said to herself.

"Hi, I am Meera", said the girl, who clapped. "You are Nandini, right? You are on the news."

She crossed her arms. Meera was the girl Cabir teased Manik with. She refused to get scared by this woman who would judge her by a piece of unconfirmed news.

"You know, every month there's at least a girl claiming to be Manik sir's girlfriend or wife. This month it's you. But we should give credit to you, Nandini. Your story is just so believable if not a bit filmy. You know there's one important loophole in your act", she said, smirking. "You are what? A Murthy? Malhotra Industries haven't been associated with a Murthy in almost thirty years. So, how do you think we would believe you when you claim yourself as Manik sir's wife."