Chapter - 8

Hello Fam :)

A/N - So, I haven't noted down the date when I had actually started writing my story because I never knew I would continue writing this long. The original app where I had started writing was also lost after I had shifted all my documents to drive. Hence, let's just rely on whatever wattpad had saved. :P

The point is, according to wattpad, I had first published my work (Introvert) on Oct 15, 2017. It's been three years since I had started writing fictions officially. I don't know how many more to come, but as of now, the past few years have been few of the best days in my life. You keep me going in life and I am not exaggerating. Thank you  everyone for being part of this journey. Hopefully, there would be many more. :)

Chapter warning: More drama. :P

Happy Reading...

On Monday, when Manik woke up at seven in the morning, his legs got tangled between an extra pair of blankets. He smiled to himself upon realizing who had covered him up in the middle of the night. The girl was sleeping on the bed, in front of him, in his direct line of sight.

A few years back, Manik wanted to give her a place where she could escape when staying at her house felt too much. He would have been excited at the prospect of Nandini having his home as her escape, or if he could help her in having a few peaceful moments.

Years later, more than being excited, Manik was content. His head girl, one of the strongest girls he had known ever, was safe and in front of his eyes. He had come so closer to losing her. They were light-years away from being normal and a whole stack of problems to be solved but at least they could do it together without having to think about the other's safety.

He mentally sighed before getting ready for the office, making sure not to make a sound. Nandini needed her sleep.

It was around nine when she woke up. Manik was setting his hair. "Morning. Why don't you sleep a few more hours? I didn't see you on the bed before dawn."

"Can't sleep more", she said.

Manik tried assessing if the Murthys had any say in it or it's just a general habit. When he couldn't, without asking her and making her sad, he gave her a brilliant smile along with a new mobile phone. "I have saved all the important numbers. You can give me a call if you need anything else, don't bother about the time."

She nodded and scrolled through her device. "I need to get updated on Android."

"I am damn sure you would master it in a few days. Give it some time. Nandini, regarding your laptop, I have had it checked with my tech team and they have found a tracking device installed to it to access whatever you are doing. I am getting all the data transferred to a new one. It will get ready in a day or two and then you can resume your work. Is that okay?", he asked.

"Only you could think about a possible tracking device, Bhai", said Cabir, entering in. "Morning, gorgeous."

She smiled at him.

"Bhai, I am hungry."

Manik sighed. "Nandini, why don't you get to freshen up? We could go to breakfast together. After that, we will leave for the office. I haven't gone there since forever."

"Forever means Friday and Saturday, Nandini", his brother said. "Sunday was a holiday."

Manik rolled his eyes. If it brought a smile on their head girl's face, it was a win.

When she left the room, Cabir pulled Manik's sleeve. "Bhai, she didn't comment when I said I was hungry or threaten when I called her gorgeous."

"Don't bait her, baby. She would punch you in no time", he said and sighed. It bothered him too but it wasn't her fault. "There are wounds that need to be healed before she comes close to her previous self, kid. Let's give her some time?"